• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Not to be a pessimist, but I'm beginning to feel that the writing is on the wall with the upcoming election. I know that there has been a lot of talk about Obama's anti gun positions, but what are the chances legislation could be passed that would take away our right to carry a firearm?

I firmly believe Obama would like to eliminate our right to carry firearms, but do you guys think this could happen?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    With Heller not being incorporated, the state's can still do as they please (to an extent). Heller does apply to the Federal Gov though, so there's no way (IMHO) that a law could be passed to that effect.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I read a scary article in the last America' 1st freedom magazine about Obama's plan to make the U.S.of A a modern state of the U.N. after which the old constitution would be nullified.

With the current state of the U.S. dollar and this country's inevitable financial collapse it almost sounds plausible.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Not to be a pessimist, but I'm beginning to feel that the writing is on the wall with the upcoming election. I know that there has been a lot of talk about Obama's anti gun positions, but what are the chances legislation could be passed that would take away our right to carry a firearm?

I firmly believe Obama would like to eliminate our right to carry firearms, but do you guys think this could happen?

No legislation can ever eliminate our rights.

Yes, I know that sounds nit-picky, but words have meanings and those meanings are important. Can Obama try to get a law introduced and passed that would restrict or eliminate our ability to exercise our right legally? Sure, he can try, but such a law would have to be quickly challenged and an injunction against enforcement filed pending determination of Constitutionality in re: 2A, 9A, 10A, possibly 4A, not to mention Heller and individual liberties. Once it's tied up in court, unable to be enforced, it could probably be made to stretch out, possibly long enough for a new majority in Congress to be elected.

I also think that would possibly be the call to arms we've many times wondered about on here, in terms of what such a call would sound like.

Stamp_Image_UN_Blue_Helmet-1.jpg

Blessings,
    B

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    With Heller not being incorporated, the state's can still do as they please (to an extent). Heller does apply to the Federal Gov though, so there's no way (IMHO) that a law could be passed to that effect.

But couldn't Obama and his buddies argue that having a gun in your home is the right to bear arms, rather than actually carrying one on your person?

I've seen ads placed by Obama's campaign directed at hunters that basically say he won't take away hunting rights and that he respects the right to hunt, target shoot, etc. But it never mentions his support of the right to carry a gun.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I read a scary article in the last America' 1st freedom magazine about Obama's plan to make the U.S.of A a modern state of the U.N. after which the old constitution would be nullified.

With the current state of the U.S. dollar and this country's inevitable financial collapse it almost sounds plausible.

If an attempt was made to collect all private guns, that might be the "call to arms" I mentioned above.

An attempt to totally dispense with the Constitution would certainly do so, as I don't think even the Obamatrons would stand for that-after all, if the US gov't goes away, who's going to send them a check every month?

The saddest part is that it is not liberty for which they would fight (if indeed they had any ability with which to fight), but only for personal gain.

Samuel Adams said:
    "...If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!”

Blessings,
    B

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    If an attempt was made to collect all private guns, that might be the "call to arms" I mentioned above.

An attempt to totally dispense with the Constitution would certainly do so, as I don't think even the Obamatrons would stand for that-after all, if the US gov't goes away, who's going to send them a check every month?

The saddest part is that it is not liberty for which they would fight (if indeed they had any ability with which to fight), but only for personal gain.

Blessings,
    B

Well stated, Bill of Rights. It seems to me that there is a lot of "personal gain" flowing through the arteries of this country. This will only get worse, I fear, with the upcoming election.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Obama likes to talk about "uniting" America, but with massive majorities in congress, he won't have to. I look for relatively quick action on a permanent assault weapons ban at the very least, followed by a pause to check electorate reaction, then more proposals.

Obama's recored reveals him to be hostile to any kind of handgun carry. Will he try to supercede federal law over Hoosier law over this issue? I hope we never have to find out.

I for one will be highly PISSED OFF should I have to forgoe my Hoosier right to carry a handgun.(not to mention my hard earned money I paid for my permit)

schhrdkncks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Ohio county Indiana
    The federal government does whatever it wants to the states. The 1934 national firearms act to register full auto, the 1968 law that banned importation of fullo auto, 1986 brady bill to basically outlaw full auto after 1986, 1991 non sporting importation ban, and the 10 year assault rifle ban. They threw out the constitution and enforced these laws on all the states. Those are just a few of the federal encroachments.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Since Permits/license are issued by the states, and the states cling to their rights IMHO it would be near impossible for Obama or congress to do away with handgun carry or reciprocity within the states or between the states.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    The federal government does whatever it wants to the states. The 1934 national firearms act to register full auto, the 1968 law that banned importation of fullo auto, 1986 brady bill to basically outlaw full auto after 1986, 1991 non sporting importation ban, and the 10 year assault rifle ban. They threw out the constitution and enforced these laws on all the states. Those are just a few of the federal encroachments.

This is exactly what concerns me.

schhrdkncks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Ohio county Indiana
    Since Permits/license are issued by the states, and the states cling to their rights IMHO it would be near impossible for Obama or congress to do away with handgun carry or reciprocity within the states or between the states.

I wish you were right but the states were even made to conform to the drinking ages and seat belt laws. They were told to either conform or lose their federal funding for highway money. Which is blatent extortion considering the money came from the people in the states paying taxes to the federal leviathan. Unless there is a serious change of direction of this country then states rights are all but gone.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Originally Posted by schhrdkncks

This is exactly what concerns me.

Me Too :xmad:

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera

Blessings,
    B
    Amen:yesway:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Isn't there a grandfather clause?

Only if they add one.

No legislation has to include one. It is typically added to prevent outright revolt. Doesn't matter if you are talking about guns, taxes, or anything else, people get really testy if you try to take away what they already own. So what they typically do it write a 'grandfather' clause to allow you to keep what you have but prevent you from getting anything new. You are pissed. But the next generation has no clue what they are missing because they never had it so they don't realize what they lost.

Look for semi-auto registration soon after the next AWB. That would also likely include pump shotguns too.

Top Bottom