• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TruxLupus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Walmart corporate policy is to recognize state-specific laws on second amendment rights. If you can legally open carry in the state, you can legally open carry into Walmart. If a store employee or manager complains, stay calm and politely ask to speak to someone from corporate about the matter.

They will probably change their tune very quickly.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Is it common for LE0s to keep their identity hidden when interacting with the public as an authority figure???? :dunno: Seriously, either identify yourself as an LEO and clearly show your badge or, as others have mentioned, MYOB. If someone pulled a stunt like that with me, I'd be asking for information that would identify them as being a LEO. If they wouldn't or couldn't, then I'd be on the phone with the local police department inquiring about one of their rouge officers.

FWIW, I am surprised at the number of LTCH holders who, having gone through the process of being licensed, believe that they can only CC ...and will tell you in no uncertain terms that OC is breaking the law ...they even go so far as to claim that they have a permit to CC! Really? Have you sat down for a minute and read what that pink piece of paper says??? I mean, after all, you paid good money for it, got finger-printed, and had a back-ground check done ...you ought to know what it says and means! :facepalm:

Also, FWIW, I don't care if you CC or OC, but at least be familiar with and understand what it is you've got in your pocket (and/or wherever else you keep your LTCH)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    "Honey, call 911. Tell them that there's some idiot impersonating a cop and harassing customers in the Wal Mart parking lot."
    This. He was impersonating an officer. This Walmart should be informed this character is cruising the parking lot approaching shoppers. Who knows what other stunts he is pulling with his badge?

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    You ran into what is commonly known as a bullsh** artist. Bullsh** artists tend to use their bullsh** to intimidate you or lie to you to get what they want.

If he didn't produce his badge fully for inspection he was carrying a CCW badge or a security badge (probable since he "works with the law everyday").

Tell him to **** up a rope and that you'll carry any damn way you please.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You ran into what is commonly known as a bullsh** artist. Bullsh** artists tend to use their bullsh** to intimidate you or lie to you to get what they want.

If he didn't produce his badge fully for inspection he was carrying a CCW badge or a security badge (probable since he "works with the law everyday").

Tell him to **** up a rope and that you'll carry any damn way you please.
    That would've been a pisser if he was only carrying a CCW badge.

Either way I would've loved to see him called out on it.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I keep a copy of the FAQ from the Indiana State Police on my smart phone. It is the only (as far as I know) semi-official document (or at least a document published by official people) that affirms that Indiana is silent on the matter of open carry. I will show this to any LEO who asserts that OC is illegal. Anyone else can mind their own business.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Ask if he is an LEO. If he says no then ask him why he has his wallet out pretending to intimidate with a "badge" whilst calling 911.

IC 35-44-2-3 Impersonation of a public servant Sec. 3. A person who falsely represents that the person is a public servant, with intent to mislead and induce another person to submit to false official authority or otherwise to act to the other person's detriment in reliance on the false representation, commits impersonation of a public servant, a Class A misdemeanor. However, a person who falsely represents that the person is: (1) a law enforcement officer; or

(2) an agent or employee of the department of state revenue, and collects any property from another person; commits a Class D felony.

As such, I believe you may have the right to "resist" until real LEO arrive. If the guy reached anywhere near his pockets I'm afraid I would have to draw...

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    "never identified himself as a cop other then to say he dealt with the law on a daily basis. "

Turnkey at the jail? Board of Health employee ? It may have been one of these, and their "badge" was legitimate, which is why they were hiding so much of it. Which is exactly why you should call their bluff, and ask for a picture ID. Then you can phone them in for being a busybody. Or beat them up, take their lunch money, and stuff them in a locker. Which is how people, with a little bit of authority, end being douches like this in the first place.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    "never identified himself as a cop other then to say he dealt with the law on a daily basis. "

Turnkey at the jail? Board of Health employee ? It may have been one of these, and their "badge" was legitimate, which is why they were hiding so much of it. Which is exactly why you should call their bluff, and ask for a picture ID. Then you can phone them in for being a busybody. Or beat them up, take their lunch money, and stuff them in a locker. Which is how people, with a little bit of authority, end being douches like this in the first place.

If I remember correctly there are some jail employee's that have no powers outside of the jail, also a while a Board of Health employee may be legitimate, they have no arresting powers that I know of, I can speak of this first hand because my wife's cousin works as an inspector for a southern Indiana county and he carries a BOH badge.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    That's pretty interesting, do you think it *might* have been an officer or are you 100% sure it wasn't? Either way - personally - I'd probably have called the police and hoped the guy stuck around for them to show up.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    If I remember correctly there are some jail employee's that have no powers outside of the jail, also a while a Board of Health employee may be legitimate, they have no arresting powers that I know of, I can speak of this first hand because my wife's cousin works as an inspector for a southern Indiana county and he carries a BOH badge.

:yesway: We said the same thing, except I said it very poorly , whilst typing from my phone. :D Or at least, you said, what I meant to say. Those people have legitimate badges, just not legitimate for representing themselves in this fashion. Hence the use of the hand to cover the words "mosquito officer" on their shiny badge, while representing themselves as some sort of LEO. Same goes for Officer " I autoclave the sporks at the jail".:laugh:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana

yeah, and a few years ago a DOC guy pulled his badge in a bar & tried to claim he was a cop..
    that did not end well for him...

even if it looked like a real LEO badge, you can ask for the photo ID to back it up..

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Actually, Walmart's CORPORATE policy on carry is to follow the laws of the state that the store is located in. If a Walmart manager gives you grief on Open Carry, contact their corporate headquarters with the managers name.

Also, make sure you check out their ammo prices. :)

Top Bottom