• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Although I was a Huckabee supporter and disagree with McCain on many things you can't deny the man is one tough SOB. And I think the country needs one tough SOB running it. I mean come on he was shot out of the sky, only to be met with a bayonet in the chest, followed by several straight days of torture to the point he now can't raise his arms above his head, 2 years of solitary confinement, and 5 and a half years in Hanoi Hilton. Then signed back up when he got home. Beat that Obama.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I've been a great supporter of Ron Paul's rEVOLution 100%.
    But now...as much as it pains me
    (and believe me it DOES pain me!),
    I will most assuredly hold my nose and choose
    John Mc-Chain-Me-to-Iraq.
    I don't know what the next four (or eight) years hold.
    All I know is that it's not looking any better than the last.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    If it's mcAmnesty vs Hitlery in Nov I won't hesitate to vote third party.

Anyone who think mcAmnesty will be any better than hitlery when it comes to firearms is COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS TO REALITY. They are mirror images of themselves.

On the other hand, should it be mcAmnesty vs yoBamma... there actually is a slight difference there. I honestly don't know what I'll do in Nov if thats the case. mcAmnesty and hitlery are for banning most of my guns... yoBamma is for banning ALL my guns.

Hmmm, since I put it that way, I will be voting third party in Nov. I honestly don't know enough about Barr to vote for him at this point. If I have to write in a candidate, so be it. I refuse to accept the swill the RNC and DNC attempt to shove down our throats. I think that a good good blow out of mcAmnesty would send a clear message to the GOP. NO MORE RINOs! Besides as rush limbaugh said "Atleast with hillary we'll get gridlock for 4-8 years, with mccain there is no telling how much the republicans will stand by and let him do as he 'crosses the isles' with dems"

I know many of you are getting older and are used to picking lesser of two evils and in effect simply putting K-Y on your rears and pretending to like it... well, I'm not that kind of person.

I'm not a traitor nor a coward so the choice is clear. None of the above.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."
    - John Quincy Adams, 6th President of The United States of America

Keep your fingers crossed that yobamma loses (still a good possibility) because mcAmnesty is going down in flames come november and we don't barrak hussien ringing at the helm come 2012.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I agree that there were better choices than McCain but the primaries are over. I don't care for his immigration ideas at all and some of his gun issue leanings raise questions. Third parties don't stand a chance in the current system. It is vote for McCain or you will help Obama/Hillery. All the conservative third parties are doing now is siphoning off Republican votes. The evil we know and have some control of is better than the evil we don't really know and over who we will have little control.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.

The Democrats will appreciate your support.

As so many have stated before we have a two party system and any vote that's not for McCain will assist the Democratic nominee.

But ....... I guess you can say you stood on your principals. :dunno:

At least you're going to vote!!!

:cheers:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Anyone who think mcAmnesty will be any better than hitlery when it comes to firearms is COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS TO REALITY. They are mirror images of themselves.

On the other hand, should it be mcAmnesty vs yoBamma... there actually is a slight difference there. I honestly don't know what I'll do in Nov if thats the case. mcAmnesty and hitlery are for banning most of my guns... yoBamma is for banning ALL my guns.

Hmmm, since I put it that way, I will be voting third party in Nov. I honestly don't know enough about Barr to vote for him at this point. If I have to write in a candidate, so be it. I refuse to accept the swill the RNC and DNC attempt to shove down our throats. I think that a good good blow out of mcAmnesty would send a clear message to the GOP. NO MORE RINOs! Besides as rush limbaugh said "Atleast with hillary we'll get gridlock for 4-8 years, with mccain there is no telling how much the republicans will stand by and let him do as he 'crosses the isles' with dems"

I know many of you are getting older and are used to picking lesser of two evils and in effect simply putting K-Y on your rears and pretending to like it... well, I'm not that kind of person.

I'm not a traitor nor a coward so the choice is clear. None of the above.

Keep your fingers crossed that yobamma loses (still a good possibility) because mcAmnesty is going down in flames come november and we don't barrak hussien ringing at the helm come 2012.

Prometheus,
    Good to see you posting again. Foolish thoughts and cluelessness aside, your posts are always entertaining.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Although I was a Huckabee supporter and disagree with McCain on many things you can't deny the man is one tough SOB. And I think the country needs one tough SOB running it. I mean come on he was shot out of the sky, only to be met with a bayonet in the chest, followed by several straight days of torture to the point he now can't raise his arms above his head, 2 years of solitary confinement, and 5 and a half years in Hanoi Hilton. Then signed back up when he got home. Beat that Obama.

No McCain is not perfect. Nobody is. You can't please everyone and there's no since in trying. It obviously didn't work for Clinton. McCain will stick to his guns and it will be hard to change his mind. But remember this, the president doesn't MAKE laws. He/She can only sign them or veto them, which can be overturned NEWAY. The biggest power the president has is to APPOINT. So McCain is the better choice. When it comes to Supreme Court judges, he can NOMINATE, but they must be CONFIRMED by a committee from Congress. Are we paying too much attention to the PRESIDENTIAL race and ignoring the other ones that matter in larger ways? When you think PRESIDENT, think MILITARY and FORIEGN POLICY. When you think CONGRESS, think LAWS and LEGISLATION and OVERSIGHT and DOMESTIC POLICY. When you think JUDICIARY, think LAWS and OVERSIGHT and DOMESTIC AND FORIEGN POLICY.

I know I know... the President can introduce legislation and influence votes, but has no say in the final vote...

BTW, check out the book by Buzz Patterson "Dereliction of Duty". Very good read. :cheers:

Also, did anyone hear about Hellary's assassination comments Monday? She said something about she's not dropping out of the race because Obama could be killed! Not just once, but FOUR TIMES she said this! :wtf:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    opps. My mistake. The biggest power the president has is over the military. But he still needs Congress to declare war or Martial Law. Too bad the Congress doesn't have more Oversight powers....

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Too bad the Congress doesn't have more Oversight powers....

You mean too bad congress doesn't USE it's oversight powers.

Congress has the most powerful of all controls... the purse strings.

This is why I keep telling everyone dems and reps are two sides of the same coin. Sure they try and talk different, but they always wind up with the same outcome. If the dems wanted to end iraq they could do it NOW. No mor money and the US public would/does support it. But they don't.. why? each one has more blood money on their hands than the next. Sure the dems talk about haliburton and cheney, but what about finestien and her giving her husbands company all the no bib contracts? Thats just one example.

BTW anyone else see the parallells in this election vs 1994? Recession (which both bushes deny/denied), gun owners pissed at the GOP running for stabs in the back (bush's 89 ban and mcAmnestys gunshow loophole vote)... I could go on, but it's uncanny.

If only dems and repubs would wake up and smell the corruption.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Your right Promethous, the Dems and Repubs are about the same. Talk of things we've heard before: listen to Obama and Hillery. It's a Jimmy Carter rerun. Some of us remember those great years. Government imposed a windfall profits tax on the oil companies who in turn cut back on drilling. I remember waiting in line at 5:00 AM for gas on the proper odd/even day. Government regulation tightened down on banks and resulted in 15% prime rate. I felt lucky to get a 14.5% ARM. Our foreign policy was based on "getting along" and weakness. Results: the Iranian hostages and a failed rescue attempt. Things may be screwed up now but I sure don't want to go back to the "good old days".

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Also, did anyone hear about Hellary's assassination comments Monday? She said something about she's not dropping out of the race because Obama could be killed! Not just once, but FOUR TIMES she said this!

Remember Vince Foster.

Top Bottom