• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've been thinking lately about the idea of doing the SBR paperwork on a Glock 17, 34, or 17L.

Once you do that, you can put a shoulder stock and foregrip on it, and even with a supressor you'd have a carbine that is wickedly fast to move and ultra reliable to boot.

Today, a buddy asked me, how would you engrave it?

I . . . dunno!

So, is it possible? Have people done it?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Lots of people have done it. Do a Google Image search for "Glock SBR". You can engrave the frame (there are companies that can neatly engrave on plastic) or you could engrave the barrel. The barrel hood is an often recommended place, though if you ever change the barrel or decide to run a .22 kit, you'd have to have each barrel engraved.

I would engrave on the frame.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Lots of people have done it. Do a Google Image search for "Glock SBR". You can engrave the frame (there are companies that can neatly engrave on plastic) or you could engrave the barrel. The barrel hood is an often recommended place, though if you ever change the barrel or decide to run a .22 kit, you'd have to have each barrel engraved.

I would engrave on the frame.

Thanks, guys!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Some of those chasis look pretty cool, but I'm wanting this to be as light and relatively simple. Glock, shoulder stock, suppressor, foregrip, light, and red dot.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The guy I bought my Glock from (he's on these forums), had a Glock 17 with full-auto switch, front grip, and underfolder stock. So, yes, it's possible, and awesome.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I'd like to see it in a 1911! ;)
    they make a 1911 SBR

1911_telestock_full.jpg

338sniper

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Is there a way to register the "stock" that way you would have a versatile tool to switch from glock to glock?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Is there a way to register the "stock" that way you would have a versatile tool to switch from glock to glock?

No, a short-barrel rifle is a complete set-up. You can not register just parts.

Mfg. used to try to register AR lowers as SBR's so that you could put your own upper on them, but the ATF smacked them down because a short-barrel rifle by definition is a complete rifle, and a stripped lower does not meet that.

Top Bottom