• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    See all sorts of people being idiots on my short bus routes.... yellow bus with red lights on = idiots all around.

Our mayor's son, er, our mayor, hit one of our buses one morning a few years ago. I was all "is it not big enough, yellow enough, flashing lights enough to see"? The driver of the bus had personally trained me, so I knew he wasn't some kind of flake.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There must be a threshold of speed over and above the posted limit where fines and points are no longer warranted and we venture into jail time territory. I just don't know what that threshold is.

The fact that it was in dense fog is just the cherry on top.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Reckless driving misdemeanor includes:

A person who operates a vehicle and who recklessly:
    (1) drives at such an unreasonably high rate of speed or at such an unreasonably low rate of speed under the circumstances as
    to:
    (A) endanger the safety or the property of others; or

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

(1) drives at such an unreasonably high rate of speed or at such an unreasonably low rate of speed under the circumstances as
    to:

What's would a typical penalty be for the above mentioned driver?

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    This should not be a ticket (if it is). This should mean actual jail time.

Agree! And a withdrawal of their driving privileges.

There must be a threshold of speed over and above the posted limit where fines and points are no longer warranted and we venture into jail time territory. I just don't know what that threshold is.

The fact that it was in dense fog is just the cherry on top.

to:

I swear that in another INGO thread (the Finnish speeder) people were advocating "no blood no foul" on how anyone drives. Only do something if they destroy property or hurt someone. Otherwise drive as thou wilst....

Sounds like another INGO schism.......

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Drove to Nashville, TN Monday in POURING rain 80% of the way, and soooo many stupid people figured wipers on high, no need for headlights! Headlamps illuminated during rainy/foggy weather should be a law somewhere!(last part in purple)

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I swear that in another INGO thread (the Finnish speeder) people were advocating "no blood no foul" on how anyone drives. Only do something if they destroy property or hurt someone. Otherwise drive as thou wilst....

Sounds like another INGO schism.......

You will see that I was not one of those people. Things happen at stupid high speeds. If you are in a place where the others around you are adjusted to that speed, and the vehicles are equipped for it, and it's legal such as the Autobahn then go for it. Our roads, vehicles, tires and other drivers are not prepared for that on our public highways. The jack*** that was doing 115 in the fog needs taken off the road and his license revoked, even for a first time offense. He put others in serious danger and even a small slip could have killed many people. If it would have been one of my family members, and he survived the wreck then I would be going to jail and he wouldn't need an ambulance anymore.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If we're talking about the American Autobahn in bright daylight, clear weather, easy visibility, well marked vehicle on clean pavement, doing speeds other drivers are capable of predicting, I'm all for break-neck speeds, as long as the only neck you break in a crash is your own. Once any of those elements goes away, dusk or night, overcast/rainy, foggy, car with no lights on, pavement still wet from winter thaw and sandy, and at least 40 MPH over the posted speed limit, my Libertarian streak starts to look for cops to alert to the menace in my midst.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Ugh. The Fog Storm.

One of the worst days I've had driving in 20 years of doing it. And that includes driving in blinding thunderstorms and snowstorms (where I was hoping and praying that traffic in front of me wouldn't stop - because if I did I'd have gotten stuck).

I drove from Greenwood to Indy's east side. Then from there to Lafayette. Around Laf a bit to dodge traffic (high due to I-65 closure on one of the exits north of SR26). Then from there I drove up to Larwill, IN. It wasn't until I was between South Whitley and Larwill that the fog was burned off.

Stressful day driving, for sure.

I lost count of the vehicles that were overtaking me because I was somehow driving too slow. I also lost count of how many vehicles didn't have their headlights on. I did count at least two marked LEA vehicles that also didn't have lights on. Don't know how I didn't come across any fresh accidents.

Top Bottom