• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Was it just me or was it really, really foggy this morning? When did it become a good idea to drive a white car, in dense fog, with no lights on at all??? Mind you I drove around 200 miles today, and I couldn't count the number of people driving around with no headlights on, and I couldn't see 100 yards in front of me!:rolleyes:

Porter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2014
    Putnam Co
    I did about 220 miles round trip, I did not see anyone with no headlights but at 645 this morning I was passed by two semis going well over 65 and no I wasn't going way to slow no one else passed me there were several cars following me.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I did about 220 miles round trip, I did not see anyone with no headlights but at 645 this morning I was passed by two semis going well over 65 and no I wasn't going way to slow no one else passed me there were several cars following me.
    Yeah, you have those idiots to! I was driving a truck, but man, how those guys think they are going to stop if something happens is beyond me:dunno: I headed down 37 from 144 to Bloomington around 9:30 or so, I was going 50 and people were passing me like I was going backwards!

MAJB Retired

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    I have to say, most of the people I encountered were slow and safe, with their headlights on. However, the cars that passed by me in the next lane were Lawrence Police officers on 56th street. They were quit obviously the most dangerous motorists on the road that I encountered. Wish I had gotten the plate numbers, but they were immediately lost in the fog.:dunno:

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Mornings like today make me glad I only drive 1.5 miles to work now. But I still saw plenty of people driving without lights :dunno:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I think a lot of people with automatic lights assume they will come on if fog conditions necessitate it, but they're wrong.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

The Lord works in mysterious ways! I think I have figured out these little observations as our Creators way of speaking to us. Here is what he is saying, "You see that idiot over there? Yeah, that one! The moron. I could have made you that dumb... but I didn't. I spared you the stupid gene. I graced you with the intelligence and wisdom to recognize stupid so you don't do what they are doing."

That is when I say, "Thank you Lord."

Note: I am not necessarily using purple. I mean it.

From time to time when we see dumb just sit back and say "Thank you!", because other times we don't get all the messages that are sent to us, so be ready to give thanks for things you do understand.

Doug

Last edited:

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I had to ride with a co-worker today from Ft. Wayne to Van Wert, Ohio on US30, this morning. Vis at times was about 100 meters or so and he was driving 70 MPH! Lucky to make it back home today.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Was it just me or was it really, really foggy this morning? When did it become a good idea to drive a white car, in dense fog, with no lights on at all??? Mind you I drove around 200 miles today, and I couldn't count the number of people driving around with no headlights on, and I couldn't see 100 yards in front of me!:rolleyes:

Yep, if the day ends in Y it's let's be an idiot day.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

It isn't just in the fog. I see 5-10 vehicles a night without their lights on after the sun goes down. I see a few without any lights on when it's pitch black. One of the reasons it with the newer vehicles. The dash is lit up all the time. I think that is the main cause. Thats and they have their face buried in their phone.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Well, I did get pulled over one night for no headlights; my eyes have always been very sensitive so I wouldn't necessarily notice, and I swear they were on when I left, but the switch proved to be defective. I pushed and pulled it a couple of times and they were ok, so he let me go. That's going to be very rare, though. Most of the people you see with no lights on just haven't turned on their lights.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I love fog in the morning. I like to imagine that zombies will come shambling out of it and I'll get to live out my walking dead fantasy.

No zombies, but I did see the south end of a deer flagging as he/she bolted off out of view off the side of the road. I had been straining into the fog for one to cross my path but was spared. Unsure if it had crossed the road or bugging out the way it had came.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    No zombies, but I did see the south end of a deer flagging as he/she bolted off out of view off the side of the road. I had been straining into the fog for one to cross my path but was spared. Unsure if it had crossed the road or bugging out the way it had came.

The south end of a northbound deer, eh?

Top Bottom