• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I see the same picture from a post by you back on 10/28, that more than a couple of weeks.

Then there is the picture from the 1st of Oct. that only shows 2 plastic ammo cans, but no more has been purchased for 3 years?

I too have more total .22's than I'll probably ever shoot up, I will admit I paid $18.99 for the last brick of Blazer, bought it a year and half ago just for kicks. That's the highest I've paid for 22 ammo except for quality Match Target ammo at $80.00 to $180.00 bucks a brick, and yes its worth it. Most of my stocks of ammo has been in the $7 to $9.00 bucks a brick.

Shooting has gone down a whole bunch this past year because of health reasons.

It's because the first pic of just the 2 STEEL cans, I didn't take a pic of it all together. The other pic is recent enough. The last 22 I bought was fed 550 packs at Walmart for $13.95 a box so you know that's been awhile.

Steell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2013
    Eaton
    Being prepared is not hoarding. Having enough for the relatives that accused you of being a "conspiracy weirdo" is up to you. I doubt if you'll turn them away.

If there is a crisis, there will be martial law. Nobody will be going very far. The TSA can already perform roadblocks. Obama signed the National Defense Resources Preparedness Order on March 16th; they can take whatever you have and put your family to work. The Constitution is void as soon as martial law is announced. That came out during the Iran-Contra hearings. You'll be better off finding a place nearby where you can be with a group of like-minded families. Take your travel trailers and "circle the wagons". The hungry folks in the city may be a problem for awhile, but the armored vehicles filled with "peacekeepers" will be there soon after martial law is declared. They have been prepping for martial law for years. There will be no place to hide in our country. You will have to make a choice of which group you'll be in when that time comes.
    :welcome: :bowdown: or :ar15: = Rev. 13:10

I know most guys would rather have a zombie apocalypse, sorry.

Here you go: Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness | The White House Now tell me which section you perverted into the above. Cause it don't say what you claim it says.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Nothing is ever going down in price. Buying a product that you know you will use at todays prices is simply good planning. I bought my last bass boat in November, I used it the summer and sold it in August for a good profit. Grain elevators buy beans at a price and often store then a while to sell them when the price is higher. I bought my last bike in the end of Oct, for a lot less than it would have cost in July. I have trapshooting friends that bought several tons of lead shot when it was $14 a bag and rumored to go up to $20. Of course now it has hovered closer to $40. That $14 shot is saving them a "ton" of money as they use it today. Good purchase. Stocking up is a way to hedge against inflation, not to mention having what you need to ride out blips in the market.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Nothing is ever going down in price. Buying a product that you know you will use at todays prices is simply good planning. I bought my last bass boat in November, I used it the summer and sold it in August for a good profit. Grain elevators buy beans at a price and often store then a while to sell them when the price is higher. I bought my last bike in the end of Oct, for a lot less than it would have cost in July. I have trapshooting friends that bought several tons of lead shot when it was $14 a bag and rumored to go up to $20. Of course now it has hovered closer to $40. That $14 shot is saving them a "ton" of money as they use it today. Good purchase. Stocking up is a way to hedge against inflation, not to mention having what you need to ride out blips in the market.

But the Have Nots have not because you have, you evil Haver.

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    Here you go: Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness | The White House Now tell me which section you perverted into the above. Cause it don't say what you claim it says.

This was all over the talk shows for about one week and then the discussion stopped. Why would someone post something this strange unless it was true? The truth is bad enough, we don't have to make things up. Here are a couple of links, I didn't pick through a bunch to find something that agreed with my opinion. The quote is out of the first link and it is not very different from what I wrote about the executive order. I hope this satisfies your question.

As of last Friday, President Obama has authorized the government to take just about whatever it needs in the name of national defense. It is an Executive Order appropriately called “National Defense Resources Preparedness (NDRP).” This allows members of Obama’s Cabinet to take resources such as livestock, water, fuel, farm equipment, vehicles, planes, boats, food and just about anything the government thinks it needs for “defense preparedness.” I am just skimming the surface here as there are many more details in the order. (Click here for the complete Executive Order — National Defense Resources Preparedness – NDRP.) Many are calling this a setup for peacetime martial law. After reading the Executive Order, I don’t see how anyone could disagree with this statement.

National Defense Resources Preparedness - NDRP Order: It?s All About Control | Greg Hunter?s USAWatchdog

President Obama signs Executive Order allowing for control over all US resources - National Finance Examiner | Examiner.com

KUHNER: Obama's power grab - Washington Times

Last edited:

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County

This is the best post so far. I don't understand why so many people complain about someone saving for the future. If I do it with fencing, deck screws, and toilet paper, what is the difference between ammo and the other items?

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    This was all over the talk shows for about one week and then the discussion stopped. Why would someone post something this strange unless it was true? The truth is bad enough, we don't have to make things up. Here are a couple of links, I didn't pick through a bunch to find something that agreed with my opinion. The quote is out of the first link and it is not very different from what I wrote about the executive order. I hope this satisfies your question.

As of last Friday, President Obama has authorized the government to take just about whatever it needs in the name of national defense. It is an Executive Order appropriately called “National Defense Resources Preparedness (NDRP).” This allows members of Obama’s Cabinet to take resources such as livestock, water, fuel, farm equipment, vehicles, planes, boats, food and just about anything the government thinks it needs for “defense preparedness.” I am just skimming the surface here as there are many more details in the order. (Click here for the complete Executive Order — National Defense Resources Preparedness – NDRP.) Many are calling this a setup for peacetime martial law. After reading the Executive Order, I don’t see how anyone could disagree with this statement.

National Defense Resources Preparedness - NDRP Order: It?s All About Control | Greg Hunter?s USAWatchdog

President Obama signs Executive Order allowing for control over all US resources - National Finance Examiner | Examiner.com

KUHNER: Obama's power grab - Washington Times

Yes, but we will have Obamacare!!!!!! :rockwoot:

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I would think of it less like hoarding, and more like investing. The dollar, and many other paper currencies, are losing value, while non-flipper priced ammo is holding or gaining value. No different than converting cash to any other commodity.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would think of it less like hoarding, and more like investing. The dollar, and many other paper currencies, are losing value, while non-flipper priced ammo is holding or gaining value. No different than converting cash to any other commodity.

Think of Silas Marner who lived only to work and to horde gold. Hording is just not investing. It is gathering just for the sake of gathering. It has no other purpose.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    Ha, i can assure you that no one who knows me would describe me as living to work. I didn't say hoarding was investing. I said buying ammo was like investing in any other commodity. Surely you can see a balance point between old Silas and the proverbial grasshopper.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I buy ammo on a regular basis, like a lot of others on here. I do shoot on a regular basis as well. I think it is the prudent thing to do, it never gets cheaper, ammo prices of tomorrow will be more than they are today.

pamchuck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Lanesville
    I do the same as a lot of you do, I buy the ammo when I find it at a good price. I do shoot a lot of it, so I don't think that I am hoarding it, but there is nothing wrong with having a large ammount in your collection. It's simple economics, buy it now as it is typically only going to go up in price. And I don't resell my ammo either, it's more fun to shoot it!

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I think it's more people want what they can't have or "don't have". I bet if you watched 100 people pass through the Walmart ammo ilse and look at an over stocked shelf of ammo maybe 20% of people would buy their ammo. Reverse that scenario and bring the levels down to a few boxes of misc cartridges I bet 50-80% of people would pick it up. During the ammo crunch gun people were coming out of the woodwork complaining about ammo availability and pricing; people I have never heard to have any interest in guns which are now buying in bulk at gouged prices making the epidemic worse.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I agree Whit. I've been to 2 GM stores this week. Both have stacks of bulk everything except .22LR and I only bought the 100 rds. of 300 AAC BLK they had at Huber Heights, OH. When I see several brands each of 25 1000 and 2000 rd. boxes of 5.56X45 for a unit cost of .50/rd., I decide to pass all of a sudden. And I had the ca$h in my pocket. At the levels of supply and bulk quantity that's being offered, my dollar-cost-averaging routine tells me the price is too high. I bet if there was only 2 or 3 of those boxes on the table, I'd have walked out with 1 of them. I am to the point that for as little of the bigger stuff my son and I actually shoot anymore, I have e e e e e enough.

Top Bottom