Is it against the law to have several firearms and lots of ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I have been seeing a few news stories about people committing various crimes and the reporters state at some point in the story that the suspect owned many guns and 1000's of rounds of ammo. One that comes to mind is a psychiatrist that scammed money from clients and the government. The news reporter blabbed about the various ways he committed his crime then ended the story with "police found several guns and 1000s of rounds of ammo" making it sound like he committed a crime by having the guns and ammo. This isn't the only story i have seen like this. This is just the most recent. Oh I forgot this crime was committed in Indiana and I don't believe he was a felon. :dunno:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The only crime I see is that he didn't have thousands or firearms and millions of rounds of ammo. :):

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Absolutely illegal. Don't listen to these morons!
    I can help you with this. Subscribe to my newsletter fZz Shows You how to Stealth Your Zombie Swag. Let me relieve you of this burden. Call me!

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    What newsletter? You posted this in another thread, is it supposed to be a link?

You need to read more carefully my friend and then look up sarcasm..........Or I could write everything in purple. Not my style tho, sorry. Guh Guh Guh Guh (avatar speak)

p.s. I'm the smart*ss your mother warned you about.

Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    The story also mentioned something about him being a felon and that's why it was illegal for him to own the guns. They made it seem like it was illegal for him to own ammo though? Is it illegal for a felon to own ammo?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There was even a gun shop a few years ago that called the law on some guy that had bought bunch of ammo (I think it was like 5-10k). They picked him up and took into custody his guns and ammo. I think they used his possession of so much as part of the evidence he was mentally ill. After that I never heard any more about it. I just know what was in the paper at the time. I always figured there was more to it than that (voices he was talking to or other evidence of mental illness).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If lovin' you is wrong... I don't wanna be right... ;)

scaled.php

Top Bottom