• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    I hope IU can produce a better product on the field, especially since this guy will get paid a whole lot of money!

Breaking: Indiana University Will Hire Kevin Wilson As Their New Head Football Coach - SB Nation Indiana

Man, I hope so. I never understood why they hired Lynch in the first place. Starting in 97' his percentage went in the toilet. Every year I went to the Alumni tailgate kickoff and listen to him praise how good they were going to be. Every year I was disappointed by the second game. Hopefully the new guy can get things started and I can renew my season tickets.

I hope so. I'm not from Indiana, but my favorite team (the CU Buffs) stink even worse than IU. It would be nice for the whole state if IU could put a good team on the field.

The Buff's campus is AWESOME. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful setting. I did a job there last year. Went there back in May to see how it turned out. I really like the campus and Folsom Field is really neat.

hicap30

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Me too, I just hope he can get some recruits from all over the midwest and start to get better.

9mm Bill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Lafayette
    No player that has he capabilities of getting a first round draft pick to the NFL will pick any big ten team with the exception of Ohio State. They just can't compete with other conferences. At least at this time. Watch what happens in the BCS.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    There is first round picks from the B10 all the time. Heck, even IU has a first rounder every once in awhile. Last year the Big 10 ranked second among all conferences in draft picks.

National Football League Selects 34 Big Ten Student-Athletes in 2010 Draft - BIG TEN OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE

April 26, 2010

Thirty-four Big Ten Conference student-athletes were selected during the 2010 National Football League (NFL) Draft held from April 22-24, including three first-round picks from three different institutions. The Big Ten's total of 34 draft picks ranked second among all conferences and was the most for the conference since 41 Big Ten players were chosen during the 2006 NFL Draft. The Big Ten and SEC were the only conferences in which every school featured at least one selection during the seven rounds.

Big Ten Silver Football co-winner Brandon Graham of Michigan was the Big Ten's first selection, as the All-American was chosen 13th overall by Philadelphia. Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year Bryan Bulaga of Iowa was chosen next at No. 23 by Green Bay, while Big Ten Defensive Player and Lineman of the Year Jared Odrick of Penn State was chosen 28th overall by Miami.

The Hawkeyes and Nittany Lions led the way for the Big Ten with six picks over the three-day draft, followed by Ohio State with four selections. Iowa and Penn State were two of only 10 teams with six or more draftees along with Alabama, Florida, Louisiana State, Oklahoma, Southern California, Tennessee, Texas and Utah

Looks to me like Ohio State didn't even have the most kids drafted as it was tied between Iowa and Penn State. Heck, Ohio State didn't even have a first rounder.

Indiana needs a good football team and I hope/think this coach can do the trick. He's got a heckuva resume, he can coach and it appears he can recruit, he's got a great facility and a AD and university President wanting something big and a boatload of fans that is tired of watching crap football on Saturdays. None of those things has ever come together all at once for any previous coach at IU. I believe it's time. Time to go get my season tickets because in a year or three you may not be able to get a ticket. IU football is on the way up!

Top Bottom