Is Frontline still effective against fleas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • l1n5c0tt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2016
    Trail Creek
    Wife and I battled last 2 months with fleas on our beagle hound. We flea bombed the house and tried every flea shampoo we could find. Nothing worked. finally called our vet and they informed us that everyone was having issues this year. they suggested to use KnockOut E.S. in the house and to bring the beagle in. got a chewable tablet and within 2 days we haven't seen anymore fleas.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I didn't realize there were so many different products for fleas. Guess I better start studying for a replacement. 20 years ago they were claiming that flea collars were too toxic and killing dogs. Has there been any complaints about the new flea collars?

Even longer ago than that, we had problems with flea collars. Not that they killed the dogs or anything, but they caused a bad skin reaction (raw skin, hair falling out) right where the collar was worn. I've been leery of them ever since, but I'm guessing they've been more refined over the years.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Prior to this new flea collar coming out, they were generally regarded as junk and a waste of money. The new one definitely works, and I haven't noticed any issues with it at all. They even made the thing reflective under xray in case your dog eats it.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    We didn't have to try it this year, but I've heard some good anecdotal evidence on the use of diotomaceous earth as a flea killer. Work it into pup's coat, and it cuts through the fleas' exoskeleton, causing them to dehydrate and die.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    First time EVER we've had a flea problem with our labs and Frontline was useless. Of course everything else we've tried has been useless also, the only success we've had is bathing them every few days. We'd probably be rid of them by now if we could manage to bathe them every other day for a weak but you know how it is. . . .

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    On our last dog we were switched over to a pill form of prevention. It was called Comfortis. We were using the liquid that you spread on their back from the neck to the hind end. His coat was so thick that it took two of us to apply it. Even with that it was a mess. One time after applying it the dog went and layed up against the couch. Really like pill form, and never had a problem with fleas.

Top Bottom