• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Someone asked the guard when they put those signs up if we had to quit carrying pocket knives. A 'weapon' is anything with a blade over 3". I know you will all sleep better tonight knowing that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Except for those that actually need towing power, If you drive a truck with a monster engine... compensating for something? :lmfao:

Me? I drive a Kia. LOL

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Except for those that actually need towing power, If you drive a truck with a monster engine... compensating for something? :lmfao:

Me? I drive a Kia. LOL

Now listen mister, I drive a 1992 Mitsubishi Might Max but I'd love to have a big 7.3 mated to a 6 speed.

Except for police and military, if you have an AR-15 that holds over 10 rounds....compensating for something? :laugh:

inb4 ****storm :flamethrower:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Now listen mister, I drive a 1992 Mitsubishi Might Max but I'd love to have a big 7.3 mated to a 6 speed.

Except for police and military, if you have an AR-15 that holds over 10 rounds....compensating for something? :laugh:

inb4 ****storm :flamethrower:

AR15? nah, projectile too small to be trying to overcompensate. Aim your angst at the big bore folks wanting 45s and 10mms or the AR-10 crowd. :p

match14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    South Central IN.
    As a current Cummins employee in Columbus I can say this. If they find out you have a firearm in your vehicle, you will likely get fired, even if legal.
    Remember Indiana is a right to work...err fire state. However there are employees who wear pro 2A shirts to work or have NRA stickers on their toolboxes.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I would hazard to guess that most manufacturers like Cummins, GM, Ford, etc. prohibit firearms on their property. I know GM is this "anti-gun" in that they are not allowed in their plants. Heck, even a lot of gun stores are "anti-gun".

^^this I never understood. I've seen signs in front of gun stores asking that you unload before you enter. What kind of tool asks you to not use what they are selling?

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    [/B]
    ^^this I never understood. I've seen signs in front of gun stores asking that you unload before you enter. What kind of tool asks you to not use what they are selling?

One that is tired of the customers unhostering and waving them around and putting their employees and customers in danger.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    One that is tired of the customers unhostering and waving them around and putting their employees and customers in danger.
    So do like BGF an have a sign stating that any loaded weapon must remain holstered. Asking someone to disarm just seems counterproductive.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    unfortunately if i went off which company was anti gun or appeared to be anti gun, i hardly ever be able to buy anything. i always will love the n14 and b series's so i hope cummins stays around.

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Oh, I fully agree that they have done everything in their power to be as "politically correct" as possible, but they are hardly the only company or institution to do so. In case you weren't aware, even the military now has to be all warm and fuzzy with all sexual-orientations, religions, sects, etc., etc. And when the church where we had been members for many years decided that they had to go along with the denomination's stand on ordaining openly-practicing homosexuals and performing same-sex marriages (in states where its legal), we decided that it was time to move on.

The question, though, related to the existence (or absence) of any official Cummins, Inc. corporate policy "outlawing gun ownership". Maybe your "BIL" can fill us in on that. (I'm assuming that "BIL" equates to brother-in-law.)
    Kagnew,

I never said anything about "outlawing gun ownership". That was some other poster....take it up with them. Yes, BIL stands for Brother-in-Law.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    I used to work security at a few plants here in Columbus. I can't say for sure that cummins is against the 2nd A. A lot of the big bosses are NRA members.(Ive seen them wearing NRA jackets) I've also seen people post company shoots at cereland/atterbury before on the bulletin board.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I have been to 2 Company picnics at Ceraland where we had shooting events. It was great introducing folks to shooting. The one I helped organize we had probably 50 people roll through. It was amazing. Lots of Indians and folks from overseas wanted to try their hand at it. Most popular thing at the picnic that year I think. Current group I work with could be some of the most heavily armed folks at Cummins lol... You can't kick over a rock and not find either a car guy or a gun guy or both.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I work for them. They aren't anti-2a. They actually provide their employees with a recreation area called cera-land. They put a gun range on it. Enough said, I think...

It is correct, however, that they do not allow weapons in their buildings. That's pretty typical for global companies. The company is very very large. They don't want just anyone who works there carrying their guns around. It's not a small company where everyone knows everyone. We also have plants, and want to decrease the number of recordable incidents, and having the added danger of firearms in an industrial plant setting would just be flat out dumb on a companies part.

As for them being left leaning...I'd just say that they are very accepting of everyone and are very non discriminatory. They are a great place to work, treat their employees very very well, and do a lot for their communities.

plus, their world headquarters is right here in your home state. What's not to love.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I work for them. They aren't anti-2a. They actually provide their employees with a recreation area called cera-land. They put a gun range on it. Enough said, I think...

It is correct, however, that they do not allow weapons in their buildings. That's pretty typical for global companies.

As for them being left leaning...I'd just say that they are very accepting of everyone and are very non discriminatory. They are a great place to work, treat their employees very very well, and do a lot for their communities.

plus, their world headquarters is right here in your home state. What's not to love.

Was the coolaid at least Cold

Top Bottom