Is anyone else Playing Dayz (zombie survival game)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    How do you pick up backpacks? I found a larger one before, but I could only open in, and once I opened it, it looked like it only showed me what my inventory was.

Also, can you not use knives and crowbars as weapons?

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    go up to the bigger backpack and mouse wheel over it. it will highlight on the left to change backpacks. take the knife or hatchet of your toolbelt to use it

mheymann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2012
    My brother and I have been sticking to the woods and only going into town when we run out of ammo or matches. Had to camp out in a barn last night due to a heavy rain.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Just got DayZ and have tried to play it the past two days. The game could be so much better.

I've died about 7 times so far, and can't find any weapons. Only ammo and road flairs. And last night, I made it to the middle of a big town, and found an open church. I was walking around inside looking at the drops, and someone killed me from outside. Bastard.

Also, the zombies run too fast, and never stop chasing you. If you are lucky enough to find a building where you can shut the door, they still are able to run right through it.

I know this game is Alpha, or Beta. But still, how are people even still able play this game?

Unless you want to die (or have a well-armed group with you), stay away from the big towns, you can get good stuff but you spend a lot of time respawning. Look for barns, they are the best place to find weapons. Actually, for scavenging town, I don't even use a gun (I do have a Win. 1866 though, best gun for survivor because low noise doesn't attract zombie attention). Best bet is to sneak and hatchet. If you can enter a house (hint: if you can see in the windows, you can enter the house), you will often find good stuff. There are opportunities in smaller towns to get good stuff (try Pusta for example, look for a map of Chernarus online). In an enterable house in a small town, I've found tents, binoculars, ghillie suits, ALICE & Czech packs, watches, compasses, maps, water bottles, matches, knives everything you need to survive. Supermarkets are good, but with a limited number, you can bet they are usually watched.

Also, stay away from Stary unless you have a good group, you may get lucky, but with the military tents at the airfield, you WILL get hit a lot by bandits and snipers.

To lose zombies, a couple of things you can do (1) run through buildings if you can - zombies have to walk for now inside buildings, as soon as their out of view, crawl away (2) find a steep hill, zig-zag up it until you lose them, this is not always easy however (3) just like the saying goes, you don't have to be able to outrun the zombies, just your companion. If you're with another survivor, shoot 'em in the leg ;).

mheymann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2012
    (3) just like the saying goes, you don't have to be able to outrun the zombies, just your companion. If you're with another survivor, shoot 'em in the leg ;).

Haha this is very true! Hopefully they just don't get a shot off at you before they are eattin!

Top Bottom