• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • res04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I buy what I can every payday.Usually at Walmart.I like 9mm.I have a good supply of all calibers that I shoot. 45acp is pricey.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    My local Wallyworld had ammo shelves stuffed with darn near everything. Except 9mm, .380 and .45acp defensive ammo. Didn't have time to buy any since I was in a rush after swapping out the battery in my truck. Hopefully, it's coming back.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I almost never see 9mm either of the two local SuperCenters. Maybe I'm not going often enough.

I can get .40 all day long, it seems. WWB .40 is down to $20/50. 100pk is $37. This is as cheap as I can remember seeing in the last 18 months or so. I think pre-panic price for .40 was $17/50, so not too bad now.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I almost never see 9mm either of the two local SuperCenters. Maybe I'm not going often enough.

I can get .40 all day long, it seems. WWB .40 is down to $20/50. 100pk is $37. This is as cheap as I can remember seeing in the last 18 months or so. I think pre-panic price for .40 was $17/50, so not too bad now.

You are not alone, our local Walmarts never have any either. I am still getting all of my 9mm online.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I see 9mm at the local WM's around Noblesville/Fishers now and then. I can typically pick up 40 any day of the week, and I see 45 almost every time. Over the summer, I found some occasional Federal 100-round bulk packs of 9mm, or Winchester 50-count boxes, but not on a regular basis. In my normal stomping grounds, the two rounds that are hardest to come by is 9mm and 22LR. Then again, I don't make special ammo trips... if I happen to be there and see something I want, I pick up a box or two.

Oddly enough, last weekend at the 96th Wal-Mart, I was able to get a "bulk can" of Federal 22LR in a new round vacuum-packed container, sort of like a short, fat Pringles can. I think it was $18, IIRC.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    On the other hand, once you find what you shoot well, carry as much ammo as you can comfortably carry. While the average gunfight might use less than 5 rounds, if you find yourself in a gun fight, the law of averages has already abandoned you.

I shoot a Glock 19 well, I carry 3 extra mags giving me 60 rounds total. comfort and capacity have been achieved.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    My experience is that 9 mm ammo is not back to pre-panic supplies, to say nothing about price. Before the panic, I could shop locally or on line, for the specific brand of 9mm ammo I like to shoot, and have my choice of places to buy it, and the dealers were competing on price.
    Nope, we're not close yet. I'm still waiting.:): Just my thoughts.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    walmart has 9mm every now and then if you're looking for cheap ammo to shoot for practice, also, slickguns.com had some good deals on 9mm. You can get a good price @ gander only if you buy in the bulk pack(s) if they have them in stock. My GM gets ammo in on Fridays.

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    Gander Mountain had a huge display of 9mm. It's starting to get back to normal as far as what you can find but the prices are waaaaaay higher than pre-Dec 20 2012

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    On Christmas Eve Walmart in Greenwood had 7 boxes of 9MM and Gander next door had a crap ton of everything, including 9MM. All the Gander Ammo was was overpriced of course, but it was there. They even had half bricks of 22LR for the low low price of $49.00. What A STEAL!!!!! Cant believe it was still on the shelf...........

JimboCX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Walmart on Keystone was out of 9mm but .40 and .45 was available. I ended up buying from Bare Arms in Noblesville. I paid $16.95 or so for 50 rounds. At least I have some ammo. They were very friendly and I liked their service.

ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    Every Walmart on the southside was out of it the other day they said Thursday mornings they normally get some in but it goes quick.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've had good luck with finding 9mm on the shelf at the Walmart on 31 in Greenwood, going in early in the morning (anywhere between 6am and 9am). Best luck has been Saturday and Sunday mornings, though I've found some on Monday and Wednesday before as well. It's usually a crap shoot, but it's been stocked better the last two weeks from my experience.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    PSA has had some good sales on 9 mm recently. I bought several boxes when they had some $12.99 a box. You just have to keep your eyes open and be ready to buy when it comes on sale.

ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    I've had good luck with finding 9mm on the shelf at the Walmart on 31 in Greenwood, going in early in the morning (anywhere between 6am and 9am). Best luck has been Saturday and Sunday mornings, though I've found some on Monday and Wednesday before as well. It's usually a crap shoot, but it's been stocked better the last two weeks from my experience.

i was there this past Tuesday and the guy laughed when I asked for 9mm left there and went to the Walmart on Emerson and also the one in Franklin and got the same response.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom