Is $30 about as good as its gonna get for an FFL nowadays?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Could swear most were like $20-25 about a year ago. Seems like most are $30+ now. Kinda sucks. I guess that local places want people to buy their stuff instead; makes sense. :(

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Still paying $20 here in Indy. There might be some even cheaper but I like my guy became they are easy to deal with.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    does IN Gun Club do transfers? if so, $$. they are closed til wednesday, I need an answer by end of today.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It has been taking so much time to get through that locals are upping the anti.
    My guy does not charge me anything. You will get that service with customer loyalty.

oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    $15 to $20 is certainly a good deal when one considers the time it takes to send the FFL and fill out all the info. I paid $25 years ago when I bought my last firearm. Hats off to those who keep the price down !!!

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The two shops I've ever gone to both charge $25. Anyone know what Wulff's in Connersville charges? Whenever shopping for firearms on the internet I add $60 to the price to see what I'm actually paying when you factor in shipping and transfer. Ruins a lot of deals.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I've never owned, never desired an FFL, but I seriously doubt I would want to to put out that much effort for $15 bucks. Maybe I value my time too highly? ;) Especially if that was the only reason the customer EVER darkened the door of my shop.

Feel free to disagree. I can see people wanting to get transfers as cheap as they can. I realize that the "add on" costs on an internet deal can up the price enough to screw the pooch......

Last edited:

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    It's funny what people think is worth what. My FFL (sportman Cove 46765) charges 25 and has consistantly. I used whans in la otto once before and they changed their price fromm25 to 35 within a week and gave me a lecture about not buying locally. I own a landscape company and we mow a entire lawn for $30 it amazes me that people think a phone call can be worth more than that. I also usually get ammo and other things so they sure aren't losing money off having me as a customer!! You think these FFLs would try to stick to a somewhat cheap consistent price to bring in the customers.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    A lot of misunderstanding in this thread regarding Business 101. Comparing X to Y and concluding that a FFL holder is charging too much to do a transfer. You're lucky they choose to do them at all.

Top Bottom