• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steelworker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Allen County
    Bought *irelli tires 6000 miles ago. they are fine on rainy or dry road conditions, but they are HORRIBLE on snow. I'm talking 1" of snow, and you might as well have bald tires. Will never buy a set of tires made by *irelli .....

:xmad::xmad::xmad:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Most performance tires don't work well on snow/ice. My wife's car has some fancy Bridgstone's, and they are pretty worthless this time of year. I'd like to get a set of winter tires/rims, but that more $$$. For now, she just drives the truck in the snow.

Steelworker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Allen County
    These tires say 4 season on them, and they look like they have a decent tread pattern. Guess I'll have to get a spare set of rims to mount dedicated snow tires on. $$$$$ that I'd rather buy an Encore with!

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    You want good traction in the snow? Buy a set of snow tires with steel rims or buy something with 4x4.

My brother had a Mini Cooper that he put snow tires on during the winter. That thing was a beast in anything less then 6 inches (you started to plow snow around that mark).

“4 seasons” tires just means they aren’t going to completely suck in the snow. Sometimes you just have to slow down and change your driving habits.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I found out I could buy a set of good summer tires, good winter tires, and another set of summer wheels for my saturn.....for nearly the same cost as a good set of all seasons. Much better, i've only gotten stuck once with it, and that was kinda my fault....lol

All seasons are truely good at nothing and only "decent" in all conditions.....you're better off to have summer only and winter only here.....see dunlop for some of the best prices on both of those....lol

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes, Dunlap Grippens I think I had before my Pirelli Scorpions. I sold the Grippens with the car and wasn't sure I'd need that size. I'm not doubting the Pirellis that I have now. Very deep channels yet responsive as the sidewall must be stiff. I don't know as much as I should about them, but I'll be storing them after the weather looks better.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Yes, Dunlap Grippens I think I had before my Pirelli Scorpions. I sold the Grippens with the car and wasn't sure I'd need that size. I'm not doubting the Pirellis that I have now. Very deep channels yet responsive as the sidewall must be stiff. I don't know as much as I should about them, but I'll be storing them after the weather looks better.
    for snow and ice, the sidewalls being stiffer makes the tires less grippy. my dunlop grapics are on their second winter and going strong....everytime I switch from the summers to them, it feels like I'm riding on air....star specs for the summer aren't for the weak hearted

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    I have some Pirelli P5"s tires on a similar car. Normally buy Michelin but none in stock for my size at time. No more Pirelli's for me. Tire has a lot of road noise and i also felt traction was poor.

Top Bottom