Invite to: Target Shoot & Barbecue for U.S. Senate Candidate Rebecca Sink-Burris

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What's the protocol for making sure that nobody consumes the beer or wine before heading to the range?

Is there going to be a Range Safety Officer on location?

Is there going to be an EMT or other emergency medical provider on location?

What distance is the range?

What kind of targets are acceptable? (paper, steel, tannerite etc...)
    I'd suggest sending her an email and asking her. As for the targets, it clearly states they will be provided. I'm sure she'd be interested in volunteers for any of the other positions, too.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm fairly impressed, and as cynical about politics as I am, THAT'S not easy to do. It pleases me greatly that somebody running for the Senate actually came here and invited us all to her home. This is a good opportunity for all of us.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I will be more than happy to provide for a ride for three (3) others from the Fort Wayne area OR en route to her home.

I have attended the last few shoots and they are fun.

There is always someone there who I believe(?) is an NRA range guy who goes over gun safety in the beginning. The shooting is usually done first thing (go figure...) and you can drink later and relax. After venting on the range we can all sit around and solve the worlds problems.

Range is about 50 - 100 yards if I recall correctly. She lives out in the sticks surrounded by hills.

She also has a pool so for those who want to splash around.

Any questions on carpooling w/ me just drop me a line.

I will be bringing several C&R rifles for this shoot.

Regards,

Doug

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Sounds interesting. We'll see what the world brings us closer to the date, but I'd love to attend.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2010
    Thanks for all of the positive interest in this event, it is always a lot of fun and people really seem to enjoy having the opportunity to target practice, including those who have never shot a gun before.

Safety is of course the number one concern. To that end:

• Alcohol will not be available until the end of the shooting at 2pm.
    • Signs prohibiting alcohol on the range will be posted.
    • Range Master and assistants will be on the range at all times.
    • Range and barbecue areas are well separated.
    • I will look into having EMT's on site.

I will get back to you on range distance and what type of targets are available.

Volunteers are always welcome to help out with shoot, given that it is likely to be hot this will be organized in shifts. Suggestions also welcome.

The range will have a large rectangular open tent, tables, a few chairs, water and trash container.

When you RSVP, I will send directions based on where you are coming from, GPS is not reliable.

Randall Flagg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Sounds like a great time, i would go just for the fun. With that said, our system is too far gone to believe any one person(or 50 people) is going to stop our collapse now.

Enjoy the food and shooting folks! But remember anyone who does not have us getting off fiat currency as their number one goal, should NOT be voted for, no matter how many bar b-q's they hold each year.:yesway:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I think asking them to have EMS on site is alittle over the top. do you drive down the road with an EMT in your trunk just in case?

Sounds to me like they have this locked down pretty good. How far is this from greenwood area?

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I think asking them to have EMS on site is alittle over the top. do you drive down the road with an EMT in your trunk just in case?

Sounds to me like they have this locked down pretty good. How far is this from greenwood area?

I dont think its too far from you man. Like you would pass up shooting guns!!!!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I still have room for at least one (1) more, possibly two (2) for carpooling down.

The gas will be on me.

I am waiting to hear back from someone who might be interested in joining us, thus the disparity.

If you are unable to carpool on down do think about joining us. Rebecca always has great food and there is more than enough. Besides, most Libertarians I know are reasonably decent beer snobs and usually have fine quality libations.

I will be bringing several C&R rifles and there will be much more to shoot.

I hope to leave Fort Wayne around 7:30AM and be home by 11PM. It is a long drive but the more the merrier!

Regards,

Doug

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just a question to the Mods...

Would this be acceptable in the Events section? Even though it isn't an INGO Event per se, it is an invite to INGOers, and the thread might get more attention there.

Just a thought...

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Just a question to the Mods...

Would this be acceptable in the Events section? Even though it isn't an INGO Event per se, it is an invite to INGOers, and the thread might get more attention there.

Just a thought...
    We're still debating what the definition of "political campaigning" is and how much we're going to allow it to happen... so ... at this time, as much as I personally would love to see it on the Events calendar, as a Mod, I'm going to say this isn't an INGO-sponsored event and shouldn't be placed there.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    We're still debating what the definition of "political campaigning" is and how much we're going to allow it to happen... so ... at this time, as much as I personally would love to see it on the Events calendar, as a Mod, I'm going to say this isn't an INGO-sponsored event and shouldn't be placed there.

Ah, gotcha...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2010
    Anyone interested in attending this event, needs to contact me for directions, Gps is not reliable. Email me and let me know if you are driving from north or south of Bloomington and I will send you appropriate directions.

Top Bottom