• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Actually, they're protecting themselves and their customers. THAT is good customer service.

That doesn't make any sense. I worked at the biggest gun store in MI for over ten years. We would get people calling all the time looking for an item oftentimes from other states as we were well known. We wouldn't usually hold something for someone because they would usually flake out but if they were serious they could put 50.00 down over the phone and lay it away or come in at their convenience. I would take 50.00 over the phone all day long, and they would come in and purchase it when they could make it in. Not everybody has the abundant free time that apparantley many do that hover around at Bradis waiting for stuff to be unpacked etc. Our customers appreciated that we would work with them around their schedules and that there was a way they could secure an item. There was no danger to the customer in doing this and by only taking 50.00 the hit by manually punching it in was minimal. It could be something as simple as Bradis doesn't have a CC reader with a keypad :dunno: The customers that called me on the phone were treated just the same as those that actually came in (more often than not tire kickers anyway). Don't get bent out of shape about it, i'm not I was just wondering. It's just one of their little idiosyncratic policies much like not doing outgoing transfers for customers. All is well. :)

aaron580

Master
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    That doesn't make any sense. I worked at the biggest gun store in MI for over ten years. We would get people calling all the time looking for an item oftentimes from other states as we were well known. We wouldn't usually hold something for someone because they would usually flake out but if they were serious they could put 50.00 down over the phone and lay it away or come in at their convenience. I would take 50.00 over the phone all day long, and they would come in and purchase it when they could make it in. Not everybody has the abundant free time that apparantley many do that hover around at Bradis waiting for stuff to be unpacked etc. Our customers appreciated that we would work with them around their schedules and that there was a way they could secure an item. There was no danger to the customer in doing this and by only taking 50.00 the hit by manually punching it in was minimal. It could be something as simple as Bradis doesn't have a CC reader with a keypad :dunno: The customers that called me on the phone were treated just the same as those that actually came in (more often than not tire kickers anyway). Don't get bent out of shape about it, i'm not I was just wondering. It's just one of their little idiosyncratic policies much like not doing outgoing transfers for customers. All is well. :)

I wish they would so much. Since Im at school 100 miles away, it makes it very difficult to buy anything. All the shops up here price gouge like none other so I would rather give my buisness to bradis.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN

All is definitely well. When I worked for a certain retailer named for a type of fruit that sold computers we had all sorts of crazy stuff going on with liability and people wanting to pay over the phone.

We had a case where somebody paid over the phone for something, then their spouse came in to pick it up for them. Too bad they were getting divorced and there was now theft involved. We no longer took payments over the phone.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    Just a shout out to you guys at Bradis to say thanks. I picked up a M&P 15-22 from you last week (at retail price) that I promised my son back before the panic set in. I then purchased a CMMG .22 conversion for my AR this week to keep the playing field equal with him. Nothing but great service while in the shop even though you are dealing with so any "unique" individuals these days.

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Oct 2, 2011

Just out of curiosity are the distributors giving any indications on whenthey will get caught up with orders?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Perhaps they could take mail-in payments?

We can, and have with some frequency. Just give us a heads up that you're sending money our way and what it's for.

Just out of curiosity are the distributors giving any indications on whenthey will get caught up with orders?

No. Many of our distributors are anywhere from 7-15 days behind in shipping. Others are doing better, but typically have less inventory available. We're not going to be back to our usual 2-5 days lead time anytime soon. And even if the distributors get a handle on their shipping times, they are still at the mercy of the manufacturers to get product in...

mike31

Plinker
    Feb 12, 2013
    Do you guys tag things in the store higher than you post on here? I bought one of those H&K conspiracy knives today and paid $59.99 plus tax. I mentioned to the guy i thought it was $49 on here but he had no idea. It's only $10 so it isn't that big of a deal. I just want to know if there is some sort of secret handshake or if I need to bring in the post printed out. It seems like half of the staff never knows what you are posting. Sorry, I wanted to pm you but my post count is too low.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Do you guys tag things in the store higher than you post on here? I bought one of those H&K conspiracy knives today and paid $59.99 plus tax. I mentioned to the guy i thought it was $49 on here but he had no idea.

Sorry, that was just an honest typo; the OP has been corrected. Anytime you notice a pricing discrepancy, please bring it up to management. Ask for Mark next time you're in and remind me of this post, and I will issue you a $10.00 in-store credit. Thanks!

Last edited:

dawg1981

Shooter
    Oct 19, 2010
    Southport IN
    Sorry, that was just an honest typo; the OP has been corrected. Anytime you notice a pricing discrepancy, please bring it up to management. Ask for Mark next time you're in and remind me of this post, and I will issue you a $10.00 in-store credit. Thanks!

Now see that's service!

take note you other shoppe's out there!

Dawg

Top Bottom