• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Its 100% identical to vmax in the rifle ammo or critical defense int he pistol ammo, othen than the color of the polymer tip. Same ammo,down to the powder and projectile. The 7.62x39 actually makes a very nice mid range deer bullet for those states lucky enough to use such a thing.
    So short version is its high quality stuff rebranded to sell and trust me it sells like crazy

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Zombies are the latest & greatest thing right now. Shows like The Walking Dead have made zombies cool & mainstream. The manufacturers are just cashing in on it. Here in Richmond they had a zombie walk a couple weeks before Halloween. There was a story in the local paper about how the Halloween stores were selling out of their zombie stuff because zombies were so popular. Zombies are hot so it’s a smart way to sell more bullets in a tough economy.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Zombies are the latest & greatest thing right now. Shows like The Walking Dead have made zombies cool & mainstream. The manufacturers are just cashing in on it. ....

That would explain the zombie targets I saw in the local gun shop in Jeffersonville, IN.

I did see a recent history channel show about people who are preparing for zombies. This is right there in the same class as "ancient aliens."

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I noticed when you go to the link and scroll down, the 30-30 ammo has a pointed tip like an A-Max or V-Max bullet. I thought all center fire ammo for use in lever guns was supposed to be round nose to prevent a pointed bullet from detonating a primer in the feed tube. I can only think of two things to explain this: 1, the polymer tip isn't hard enough to detonate a primer or 2, they may state not to use this in lever guns.

Have things changed or am I mistaken about the use of pointed bullets in center fire lever guns (for use on Zombies or anything else)?
    The Leverevolution, ammo, has a poly tip ....

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I picked up my box of .45 Zombie Max at Robys Bullseye in Kokomo today. :)

They had plenty of .45ACP and 9mm, not sure of anything else. I was kind of surprised to find that Hornady used brass cases in these instead of nickel, but oh well. I bought it for the collectable aspect of the box more then anything. Price was comparable to other SD ammo at $24.99 for .45ACP

indymadcaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    morgan co
    SHEER marketing genius!! with the current zombie in the media, and coming out near halloween.....................BRILLIANT having trouble finding it just to see it..... local shop was out of theirs in 2 days lol

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    zombie max .45

arrived in the mail the other day...pretty neato...but i was dissapointed that on the bottom of the casing it doesnt have any special zombie imprint, just the regular hornady .45
    ...o well, still cool...but now i have to get the 12 gauge shells, cuz they have a cool zombie thing on them

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    its fun to show off to friends, and if u dont have kids or anything they make a kinda cool decoration. but i havnt shot any yet so no range report at this time

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I got a box of .45s too, but kinda sad to see brass cases instead of nickel plated. Oh well.

I didn't realize the 12ga shells had something on them? I may have to grab a box of those too now....oh darn. ;)

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    I got a box of .45s too, but kinda sad to see brass cases instead of nickel plated. Oh well.

I didn't realize the 12ga shells had something on them? I may have to grab a box of those too now....oh darn. ;)

right, i thought they would be too

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Hornandy Zombie Max 7.62x39 ammo pics

Yeah I could have bought some stocking stuffers for my kids but I saw this and got my own stocking stuff on. Dont most people shop for their 2 & 8 year old daughters christmas stocking stuffers at your local ffl. My 8 year old will be thrilled when she pulls out a box of 123 batteries and a new scope mount for an AR, mine. Lol.

No really I saw this and was like damn thats expensive. $18 for 20 rounds of 7.62x39. But then I was like yeah but its freakin cool and INGO will appreciate my investment. So I really only bought this to share with you. No you cant have it, but I might let you borrow it.

2011-12-15055153.jpg

2011-12-15055239.jpg

2011-12-15055406.jpg

Top Bottom