• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    A shorter grip and longer barrel configuation make a lot of sense from a CC perspective. Surprising we don't see more setup that way.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sweet

I'll bet you could ring my plates with that Que!

Very cool, I can't wait for you to let me shoot that bad boy...:yesway:
    See you at the range real soon.

TK

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Got a range report yet Que?

Don't know if I'm willing to do this since I'm trying to hold out for a Gen 4, but if I break down and go for instant gratification and get a Gen 3 I may seriously look into it.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Gen4 G23s are currently shipping; we got our first one in at the shop last week. :yesway:

I have heard they are starting to show up at some shops, but haven't seen anything up here in NWI. Although all we really have is the box stores, and some high priced POS stores. I'll be keeping an eye out, may have to make the trip to Indy.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Grip Reduction AAR

Got a range report yet Que?

Don't know if I'm willing to do this since I'm trying to hold out for a Gen 4, but if I break down and go for instant gratification and get a Gen 3 I may seriously look into it.

The gun always shot wonderfully, but now it fits my hand perfectly, with a more secure grip. Because the gun is more secure, I can now engage my target and re-acquire the target faster and with more confidence.

The regular-size G23 concealed on my body very well, but there were times when the handle would protrude and print at the 4 o'clock position. So, I desired to lessen the the ability to be discovered by shortening the grip. By doing this, I still retain the best of the G23 and G27.

Because I lose magazine capacity when I carry with the G27 or G27 extended configurations, my magazine holster has the extended magazines, which allow me to shoot G23 or G22 configurations; both with the stippled grip extensions to keep the same comfort and feel.

I shoot the gun in 9mm or .40 caliber, depending on my ammunition stock. Overall, I give the project a :yesway: and would recommend it to anyone. BTW, Joe Bell did the work and you can catch him at FNS. He's a young guy, but certainly knows his stuff.

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    If you really want to get some 'pop' out of that gun, pick up a G32 (.357sig) barrel for it and use the .40 caliber mags that you already have. The .357sig is a 9mm bullet sitting atop a necked-down .40 S&W cartridge. Funneled pressures always create high performance bullets. Just make sure you're wearing hearing protection before you pop one of these off...it'll damage your hearing! Then you'll have 5 guns in 1!

Have fun shooting!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If you really want to get some 'pop' out of that gun, pick up a G32 (.357sig) barrel for it and use the .40 caliber mags that you already have. The .357sig is a 9mm bullet sitting atop a necked-down .40 S&W cartridge. Funneled pressures always create high performance bullets. Just make sure you're wearing hearing protection before you pop one of these off...it'll damage your hearing! Then you'll have 5 guns in 1!

Have fun shooting!

I considered it, but didn't want to have to load up on another caliber of ammunition.

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Would it be possible to put a G23 Barrel in a G27 slide? It would stick out the front a little but it wouldn't make it really any harder to conceal. Then you could compensate the barrel to reduce the muzzle flip. I don't know if this would work or not (I'm not a glock nut) But this was the first thing I thought when I read the title to the thread.

I just did a quick google search and realized that people have done this.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Would it be possible to put a G23 Barrel in a G27 slide? It would stick out the front a little but it wouldn't make it really any harder to conceal. Then you could compensate the barrel to reduce the muzzle flip. I don't know if this would work or not (I'm not a glock nut) But this was the first thing I thought when I read the title to the thread.

I just did a quick google search and realized that people have done this.

I never thought about doing this, but like you found out, people do it. I'm not sure I would want to EDC a gun with an exposed barrel.

Top Bottom