• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    As some of you know, I was considering the purchase of a G27 for CCing. The problem was, I wasn't sure how much I would appreciate the "snap" of the G27 as opposed to a more controlled shot from the G23. Also, the grip of the third generation Glock was sometimes uncomfortable because the protrusion on the front of the grip would rest on my fingers. So, I searched for a solution.

I saw a link on YouTube about grip reductions and it looked pretty cool. I asked for suggestions for a vendor who could do it and many of you responded. It's there I encountered my second and third problems. All of them were out of state and they wanted 4-6 weeks to complete the work and get my gun back to me. One guy even estimated four months for completion!

Thanks to Ernie at Hoosier Gun Coat, who suggested a local guy named Joe Bell, I was able to get my gun done in two weeks. I haven't even picked it up yet, but his office is ten minutes away, so I'll be there early in the morning to retrieve this beauty.

I call it my G27 Long Barrel (G27LB) and it fits my every need. The grip is reduced for easier concealment and a more comfortable grip. Even though the G23 grip was gun down to the size of a G27, I can still use the standard 23 magazine with the stippled magazine. So, in essence, I can operate the gun as a G27 or G23. Also, prior to delivering the gun to Joe, I purchased a Wolfe 9mm drop-in barrel that worked exceptionally well. When it's installed, I can also repurpose the gun to function as a G26 or G19.

In conclusion, I now have four guns in one frame! I love Glocks! :chest:

So, what do you guys think?

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    Nice looking outcome for you. Curious to see how it shoots for you in both calibers.:ar15:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I believe the G35 will be my GSSF purchase. I'm not sure if I will go with Gen 3 or 4.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Looks good Que!

I've always liked the G17 slide/G19 grip and G19 slide/G26 grip conversions.

Top Bottom