• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    So this 6 hour course you've listed which was designed for seal team six is an instructor course for...
    • Foundations of Military Combatives
    • Edged Weapon Offense
    • Draws
    • Clearing fouled weapons
    • Maintaining awareness while under physical attack to return fire
    • Clearing the space to draw your weapon
    • Knife Defense and Knife Offense
    • Rapid Assault Tactics (RAT)
    • Movement
    • Shooting under physical stress
    • Correct responses to physical threats and engagements.
    I'm with Mike...throwing Paul V.'s name into anything will get a reaction from many people, but 6 hours isn't even enough time to teach people the basics of any single topic listed above.

You'll need a lot more details if you want people to take you seriously. It feels like you simply threw out every "tactical" phrase you could think of. In addition to that, any mention of ST6/Devgru/Spec Ops/etc right now will be met with some disdain because it's been in the news so much, at least by serious people doing research on where to spend their hard earned money.

Some of you may have heard of my buddy Chris Heben a former team guy. He has been on Fox News a bunch and "Inside Navy SEALS". I have a call into him to find out about this training program. I can tell you right now that they are not big on adopting programs but prefer to send guys to be exposed to all kinds of stuff to bring back to see if it fits their application. We will see.- George

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Oh, and what did you do in the Navy? And what is your background in firearms training?- George

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'd like to know the answers to those questions as well. They're obviously going to be raised when someone explicitly mentions SEALs in their advertisement. Good answers to those questions can be very informative. Poor answers answer some other, unasked questions as well.

Last edited:

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Well, Pingme was here 10 minutes ago and is now off line. He chose not to respond so I think we have out answers?

It is not the old days, you cannot go around talking about have done things and expect people not to check up on you. BTW I have to answers to the questions I asked. An old habit of mine:)- George

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ideally I hope this is just a misunderstanding with a logical if not obvious explanation.

Realistically, it's sad when this kind of crap happens (if I'm assessing the situation correctly). It's entirely possible the guy has a lot to offer students, but it's completely ruined by making vague claims of associations with top tier military units. Even if those associations and relationships are real, it's just distasteful to see it bandied around as a marketing tool.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Ideally I hope this is just a misunderstanding with a logical if not obvious explanation.

Realistically, it's sad when this kind of crap happens (if I'm assessing the situation correctly). It's entirely possible the guy has a lot to offer students, but it's completely ruined by making vague claims of associations with top tier military units. Even if those associations and relationships are real, it's just distasteful to see it bandied around as a marketing tool.

Are you kidding, Joe? I only train with you because you promised to make me a certified ParaSealDeltaRanger. I don't think Ill come back anymore if you can't do that.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Are you kidding, Joe? I only train with you because you promised to make me a certified ParaSealDeltaRanger. I don't think Ill come back anymore if you can't do that.

Jackson! Never fear . . . you are well on your way to completing my ultra s00pER sEEkrIt certification program. It's the rest of those guys who won't. Now, do you remember where to send the check!

He will make you a certified something:)

Indeed, sir! Or perhaps certifiable?

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    There will be no response. Pingme was posted in another thread but must have missed this one.- George

Tired of Lies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Nashville
    I found this site while doing some research. First on one Chief Charlie Daniel Two Hats Banta...self proclaimed Chief of the Indiana Shawnee...only all the Shawnee are now in Oklahoma. And, a cattle thief. Stole several thousand dollars in fencing, cattle and feed from me.

You can read the history for yourselves if interested by Googling his name and following the Fake Indian and StolenChildrenICWA links.

But...Chief Charlie also proclaims himself a green beret and until Stolen Valor stepped in this guy Mauri Pierce listed Chief Charlie as a consultant of sorts certifying him for man tracking, etc. Only Chief Charlie is a as full of it as Mauri seems to be:

Classes -
    combat-martial-arts.webs.com/classes.htm
    Chief Charlie 'Two Hats' Banta of the Shawnee Nation and former Green Beret, has tracked for numerous agencies and Police Departments. ... (PFS). Mauri Pierce, ...

But it gets better. Mauri also claims to be part of the tribe too....PBRB Peace/War Chief Mauri Pierce (That is Platform Reservation, Remnant Band of Shawnee) which until recently claimed a lot of things on the net including being federally recognized. In fact Chief Charlie told everyone within hearing distance that he was Camp Atterbury's only Indian. Something the real Shawnee are asking the US Army to address last I heard. He also had the nuts to give a speech at Crane Naval for Native American month and they have asked the NAvy for an apology.

Here is the link to the Treaty both Mauri and Chief Charlie signed this past summer.

http://www.southerncherokeenationky.../07/Treaty-of-Summitville-IN-July-21-2013.pdf

Not sure what game these guys are all playing but at least in his buddy and former official trainer/advisor Charlie's history he is fake indian, fake green beret (Stolen Valor sent me a copy of the record for him they obtained under FOIA), and is on the radar of at least three federal agencies I have talked to.

And...watch your cattle around this guy..Chief Charlie is trying to claim my cattle as first his and then "tribal" cattle. Birds of a feather thing warning.

Tired of Lies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Nashville
    It appears I may owe Mr. Pierce an apology. I am not sure as I haven't been able to get a hold of him but I talked to some people that have trained with him and they claim he is the real deal. Another told me the Shawnee stuff was honorary and he is not claiming it to play Shawnee Chief. He may have been hookwinked into buying Chief Charlies claim of being a Green Beret as have a lot of people in this area. I must give Mr. Pierce the credit for taking him down from his website right away. If he has officially dissociated himself from a Stolen Valor Green Beret then I apologize Mr. Piece.

Chief Charlie is good...he pulled one over on me.

Tired of Lies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Nashville
    Mr. Pierce finally called me back today. Despite the fact that he listed Dan Banta AKA Chief Charlie Two Hats Banta as one of his instructor's and a Green Beret he see's no reason to post a retraction that Chief Charlie Two Hats Banta AKA Dan Batna is not a Green Beret, or a Shawnee Indian Chief or a Shawnee Man Tracker. All of which was posted to Mr. Piece's website.

He also refused to tell me where he was made a CW2. I asked if he was indeed an 180A...Special Forces Warrant and it went unanswered.

Maybe he will eventually find this post and answer for us all. I will give someone the benefit of the doubt but when you have them on the phone and they admit their mistakes but see no reason to be a man and apologize for not asking their instructors for their bonafides that doesn't set well. When I pointed out that someone may have paid for a class because he claims to have a Green Beret super Shawnee on board and may deserve their money back he claimed he mainly volunteers...which is funny because the Paul Vanuk ad promises their potential people six figure income.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There are too many excellent providers of training in Indiana and the surrounding states who are known quantities to patronize questionable sources.

Top Bottom