• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    In the incident that started this thread, the victim also ran through 10 rounds of .40.

It would be interesting how many rounds hit targets after the initial 2 per scumbag. He mentioned that he continued firing through the door. If those rounds made no hits, then it could be argued that only the first 4 rounds were relevant.

That being said, I don't think that 4 rounds are enough to carry.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Good vid. I liked the part when he said he was upset that he killed the guys but he would have been really upset if his wife got killed.

Right after 9/11 a young girl posted a photoshopped image of the Statue of Liberty holding a .357 magnum (looked like an N frame) holding an infant in her arms with the caption. "The most dangerous place on Earth is between a mother and her children."

Obviously gunowners liked the image. I saw her being interviewed by GMA after the pic went viral and they asked her about guns and the fact that the NRA seemed very pleased with her pic.

I will never forget her answer.

She said, "I am not into guns and my mother hates guns due to an abusive relationship she had been in her past. With that being said if someone ever tried to harm myself or my brother my Mother would grab a gun and shoot the threat until she was out of ammo. As I said, It's the most dangerous place on Earth."

Here is a link to the image...It was kind of hard to find.

http://shannabanana.typepad.com/sha...-world-is-between-a-mother-and-her-child.html

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... If those rounds made no hits, then it could be argued that only the first 4 rounds were relevant. ...

Or, it could be argued that one can't count on a high percentage of hits during the chaos that ensues during such situations.

Incidents do vary a lot. One shot might do it. Might not. Could be one's attackers aren't all that motivated and are just looking for a quick score (the OP situation), or could be that they've come for the purpose of taking you out (some of Lance's situations), and are more motivated.

The mere display of a firearm might end the former situation, while an assailant might have to be physically forced to end the second.

Thing is, you never know which you'll be in.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I saw something on TV about this several months ago and was astounded with Lance. It validates training and shot placement.
    On a side note, and not to offend anyone, it proves that the 45 ACP is not the wonder round that people think it is. In fact it took multiple hits of any of the guns he used to put the BG down.

That's because he was using a .40.

IndyKiller82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Avon, IN
    It is great to hear stories of individuals that have actually used deadly force. It helps you to understand these situations instead of the media trying to portray the picture. I think hearing stories like these makes us even more responsible gun owners/carriers because we understand the consequences.

Top Bottom