Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    What: Intermediate Pistol
    Where: Marion County Fish and Game
    When: 2pm to 6pm
    Cost: $65 plus $10 range fee if not a MCFG member
    Instructor: Aron Bright

Intermediate Pistol
    This is a four hour class that is taught completely on the range. This class is about driving the gun with your vision, calling shots, snapping the eyes, reloads, malfunction reduction, drawstroke, multiple target engagement. If you have been shooting for a while but have not had any instruction this class will show you how to be fast and accurate for all practical applications. The skills taught in this class are the essentials of pistol shooting.

To register for the class email me for the registration form. Your spot in class will be held when the form and payment are returned. Range fee to be paid separately the day of class.

If you are wanting to improve your speed and accuracy this is the class you are looking for. If you are planning to take a defensive pistol class something this summer it would be wise to take this class first. Get your drawstroke, reloads, and other skills ironed out so that you can focus on the other skills in the defensive pistol class. If you are a member of MCFG and don't get much live fire practice in with the drawstroke this class is a great opportunity to do so. If you are an IDPA or USPSA shooter who wants to improve your scores this class can help you develop those essential skills.

Last edited:

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    This is a worthwhile class. Coach covers some concepts you may not find in a "defensive pistol" class, or covers them in a different way. Its worth the time to attend.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Starting to get some requests for registration forms and getting some returned. Might be a good idea to sign up early and start hunting for the ammo.

Here is a little practice footage from today. This is some of what we will be working on in this class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLNzCpQ7Wcg

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Do you know how to call shots? Understand the value of snapping the eyes? Do you know how to drive the gun with your vision? Come and find out in this class.

Want to improve your drawstroke? We will be covering that as well.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    So Coach, is this competition oriented, or just shooting oriented?

As Jackson said; this is not a competition class as I see it. It is a class designed to help shooters smooth up their drawstroke, perform reloads and malfunction reduction, snap the eyes on multiple targets, call shots, and generally shoot faster and more accurately. These skills would enhance your score in Steel challenge, IDPA, USPSA, and on the street it would all apply as well.

The biggest three factors for shooting fast and getting hits are grip, snapping the eyes and calling shots. These are points of focus for this class. The general theme of driving the gun with the vision.

If time allows we do a small intro into shooting on the move.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    it has been awhile since I've taken this course. This is a great transition course for the beginner and it also helps the more experienced shooter. It helps the guy just past beginner and it helps the experienced shooter refine his/her skills. I know several that have taken this course more than once. I should be one of them ;). I will have to see what my work plans are for that month. I should be home, but we will see.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This is a very good class! I've helped Coach teach it several times and I've always learned something new along the way. Several students chose to repeat it more then once because it focuses on baseline skills that are applicable to any situation where a handgun is useful.

Top Bottom