• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    What I don't understand is why, if online pricing is getting more business, they don't all do it? There is a Bud's gun shop in Lexington, KY, isn't there?. Are their in-store prices the same as their online ones? I can't imagine they are different. Whining over a more lucerative business model (drop & ship) just ain't Capitalism, it's whining. I'm willing to learn. Teach me. I know the customer service argument, and it certainly valid, but what's it worth? 5%, 10%?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    What I don't understand is why, if online pricing is getting more business, they don't all do it? There is a Bud's gun shop in Lexington, KY, isn't there?. Are their in-store prices the same as their online ones? I can't imagine they are different. Whining over a more lucerative business model (drop & ship) just ain't Capitalism, it's whining. I'm willing to learn. Teach me. I know the customer service argument, and it certainly valid, but what's it worth? 5%, 10%?

drop shipping is defintally more profitable. i personally will never do drop shipping. if you order from me i feel resposible to make sure your product goes out the next morning or somtimes the same day. if i did drop shipping i could not in good conscience give my word that shipping would happen quickly. if the item is in my hands and i personally get it shipped i can give my word that shipping will be prompt. i have no control with what somone else will do with a order i place on your behalf to them. every business is diffrent and its each individual owners choice to make. above is why i personally dont choice to drop ship. my word means to much to me to leave it in somone elses hands.

as far as the how much is customer service worth part of your statement, i strive to make it worth paying 7% tax even though i dont get the 7%.

Top Bottom