• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    So I was hanging out in my favorite LGS, which my friend owns (Indiana Defensive Firearms) and we had a thought.

If there is legislation passed to ban "high capacity" magazines, could not we just use belt-fed firearms?

I know they word it as "ammunition feeding device," but each link only holds one round, so how could they legislate that? We could all get belt fed uppers for our ARs, and just go that route.

What say you?

Rbadger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Auburn, IN
    Yes Fineswine's ban encompasses belt fed semi auto guns. If you look at the complete list of firearms by manufacturer it specifically says belt fed semi auto.
    picture.php

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    It really pisses me off that they want to ban the Hi Point 995. It can only accept a 10 round magazine, and doesn't have any of the "evil features" she outlines. What the hell is wrong with it? It was designed during the Clinton ban to be within the law, now they're banning it by name? Insanity.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It really pisses me off that they want to ban the Hi Point 995. It can only accept a 10 round magazine, and doesn't have any of the "evil features" she outlines. What the hell is wrong with it? It was designed during the Clinton ban to be within the law, now they're banning it by name? Insanity.

What is wrong with it is that it goes 'bang'. Feinstein is a firm believer that she should have the best in arms, but plebeians should not have firearms, or anything else that could effectively be employed as a weapon, and has clearly said so.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

The HiPoint is ONLY on there because its cheap... and it just so happens that cheap guns are the preferred weapons of criminals. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that the HiPoint shows up in a considerable portion of crime scenes that involve guns.

That's the ONLY logic I can imagine being behind it's "banning".

jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Someone will engineer a way to feed more rounds in a gun that isn't banned. :D Sounds like a fun project!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The HiPoint is ONLY on there because its cheap... and it just so happens that cheap guns are the preferred weapons of criminals. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that the HiPoint shows up in a considerable portion of crime scenes that involve guns.

That's the ONLY logic I can imagine being behind it's "banning".

Pistols, yes, but I can't think of the carbine showing up on a crime scene I've worked in Indy. In the rare instance where a rifle is used it tends to be an SKS.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN

It has a pistol grip...totally evil.

SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    I have a couple higher cap mags for my 4595ts but i think they are only 14 or something like that. still nothing close to an ar style mag. i wish they made a double stack aftermarket that fed into the single stack high point grip.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom