• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    The seller knew the guy would be back, he knew the guy was wanting to trade. So he marked it up for the trade difference.

Renegade1978

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Porter
    I went to the Valpo gun show last week. Evidently somebody drove into the parking lot and looked for an expensive looking car. They got out and smashed a window to break into it, and about 4 guys drew their weapons and held the guy until the cops arrived. That was interesting.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I went to the Valpo gun show last week. Evidently somebody drove into the parking lot and looked for an expensive looking car. They got out and smashed a window to break into it, and about 4 guys drew their weapons and held the guy until the cops arrived. That was interesting.

Now that is much, MUCH more interesting than my experience!!!

civilwar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Scipio
    I thought everything at the Seymour show was overly priced. Just a few Mini 14s at $700 plus, some in very worn condition. Sometimes I think the dealers that go to that show think they have gold mines. Some just have bad attitudes.
    But I just cannot miss a gun show that is local, might just find that needle in the haystack that I am looking for.

Terry

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I've bought and sold more guns at the Seymour show than any other. I never had a table. Some guns I bought from folks with tables, but like most gun shows, the deals at the tables are few and far between. I would have been there, but I didn't know about it until late Saturday morning. I was busy on Sunday and couldn't make it then. Seymour is one of my favorite shows. The price is right and it isn't too far away.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have never been to a gun show. How would I go about selling a gun at a show if I am not a dealer.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I have never been to a gun show. How would I go about selling a gun at a show if I am not a dealer.

Pretend the question was this: "I've never been to a car show. How would I go about selling a car if I am not a dealer" or "I have never been to an arts and crafts show. How would I go about selling a <fill in the art or craft here> if I am not a dealer" or "I have never been to a knife show. How would I go about selling a knife if I am not a dealer."

When you grok the answer to these you will grok the answer to your own.

tdkahn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    NE Indiana
    This summer I was at a show in Fort Wayne, IN and was looking at a Rem. Model 5 youth .22 a highschool kid had in his hand. I waited till he laid it down to get his dad to aprove the sale before I checked it over. Then as I was talking to the dealer (I had laid it right in front of me) the kid and his dad show up. The kid reaches in front of me and picks it up to show dad. I didn't say anything, but was thinking pretty rude that he didn't say a word to me (excuse me, can I see that, or even move it). I stood there waiting for the dad's decision, which was I don't think it's worth it (NIB $175 on the tag). Kid set it back down looking like a scolded dog. Then I ask the dealer "out the door cash price?" Kid is still standing there to hear "$150". The dad was at the next booth so the kid goes running over there saying "dad he lowered the price to $150". They come back over to see me holding the gun and the dealer counting cash. I told him where a good deal on a 10/22 was and they left. Then the dealer tells me "that was pretty big of you to let him get a chance at it while we were discussing the gun details, then to tell him where that other gun was". As I was leaving the show I saw the dad filling out the paper work the the 10/22. I told him "you won't be disappointed with that gun." as I went by and he told me thanks. I just wondered what the dealer would have done if the dad had said yes to his son.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    those guys at gunshows are heartless, and atleast half of the buyers walking around too. they just dont care who they step on to get what they want. it dosent matter if 10 people have their hands on the same gun, the first one to pull cash out with the other hand takes the gun home, or to the next table to try to make a dollar on it, LOL. what ever happened to first come first served? $$$ thats what happened to it. i would have made a comment such as "i would have given you more" as i walked away. just for piece of mind, and to get under the sellers skin.

luckydog465

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    O well probably didn't wanna get a gun from a seller like that anyhow... yes it does happen with rude people had something similar happen at a yardsale one time and I told the guy off!! :) It made me feel better anyhow!!

Top Bottom