• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jh1978

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Valparaiso, IN
    (2) The term “dangerous weapon” means a weapon, device, instrument, material, or substance, animate or inanimate, that is used for, or is readily capable of, causing death or serious bodily injury, except that such term does not include a pocket knife with a blade of less than 2½ inches in length.

whoops. so my 3.5" blade i carry everywhere makes me an instant felon? Sweet. Might as well leave my pistol on. What's the difference anyway?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I'm curious how this will shake out. The 5th Circuit Court of Appeals has already upheld a conviction of a guy who had a handgun in his car on Post Office property. United States vs. Clarence Paul Dorosan.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm curious how this will shake out. The 5th Circuit Court of Appeals has already upheld a conviction of a guy who had a handgun in his car on Post Office property. United States vs. Clarence Paul Dorosan.

In that, the argument was made about "sensitive places", because the lot was used for loading/unloading trucks.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    "One of the justices, Judge Gregory A. Phillips, noted that not all people who bring guns into buildings bring them to protect themselves. There have been several shootings at postal facilities and other government buildings in recent years. A former postal employee in 2006 shot five people to death at a huge mail-processing center in California before killing herself."
    What am I missing?
    postal employee
    And, if I remember right, "going postal" refers to shootings done by post office employees. NOT customers.
    There it is^.

Yeah, I found it curious that the ONLY example they could give was of one of their OWN workers.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    If the post office wants to ban guns that is fine. However, they should not be able to do so by law. There should be no more penalty for violating their no gun policies than ignoring one at your local grocery store.

If I recall the whole reason they made that law was due to the people stealing mail at gun point. Does that ever really happen anymore? Even if it does no law saying you can't have a gun will stop it.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I would also enjoy if they would start to allow shipping ammunition. That's a heck of a lot of money in postage they'd get from me rather than it going to the UPS.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by JetGirl

I might be a monkey, but I speak fluent horse.

Do you get a lot of horse customers there at the pharmacy?

JetGirl at pharmacy counter: "How can I help you, sir?"

Horse: "I am a little hoarse."

JetGirl: "You look bigger than a pony to me, sir."

Top Bottom