Interesting insight into the election of BHO.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    You beat me to it PeaShooter. You can't change other people directly. You have to educate them. (and I don't mean send them to more school) When I read the OP I thought it was a satirical way of expressing the mission statement of the Appleseed Project.

We've got a hat in your size Doc.

I'm filled with hope. I know many righteous people. I meet people at every seed who are raising their children to have the values I consider paramount to a free people.

I cannot abide by the pessimists who throw up their hands and declare all to be lost. My ancestors carved this nation from a wilderness with their torn hands. My ancestors went to war with a king and a king's army so I could be free. I look around and see good men cowed by bankers and layabouts.

Seriously, not trying to get all high and mighty here, but what am I supposed tell great great grand dad when I meet him on the other side?

"Sorry, I know you cleared this land with an axe, negotiated an existence with the Indians and kept our family going through starvation winters, but some men in suits met with some bums and they agreed that our family really doesn't own the farm because no one really owns anything and I was too lazy/scared/stupid to fight them and win".

Cold Dead Hands.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    What about the depraved electorate willing to have a man like John "cash and vacations for influence" McCain as President, and with Caribou Barbie as VP no less.

What's that sound? Must be the other group of fools scraping the bottom of the barrel.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What about the depraved electorate willing to have a man like John "cash and vacations for influence" McCain as President, and with Caribou Barbie as VP no less.

What's that sound? Must be the other group of fools scraping the bottom of the barrel.

This. The overwhelming majority of the US population are welfare crack whores in one form or another.

I want a lavish new stadium for my favorite team. I want grants for parks, trails, historic preservation, etc. I want farm subsidies. I want glass smooth roads. I want taj mahal schools and sports complexes for my Johnny and Susie. I want public transportation. I want public libraries. I want massive universities. I want NASA (just had a thread bemoaning the loss of manned space program). I want the military involved in the rest of the world. I want welfare for the foreign country of my choice. I want social security and Medicare. I want national and state parks. I want off road vehicle parks. I want public hunting land. I want public boating and fishing. I want government backed student loans and tuition grants. I want a grant for this or that.

Before we complain about the welfare spec in others eyes, maybe we should work on that welfare plank in our own.

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    It all comes down to forcing the Federal Government back into the limited realm of powers that were envisioned by the Founders. Until that happens, we will all be in the same place as we are now.
    How will that happen? I don't have any specific answer. Educating the upcoming generations and the electorate of today is part of it for sure. But that will take time. This ship is enormous and it can't turn around quickly.

I believe that something drastic will need to take place before the mind numbed automatons that make up the voter rolls of this age will wake up and see the disaster that is the United States.

Am I calling for revolution, you bet. Am I saying that it has to be by force, No! The banksters and politicians have set themselves up for failure on a scale grander that one could ever imagine. What we commoners have to do is prepare for their failure and be ready to drag our Nation out of it's misery when the time comes.

The righteous will prevail in the end. I don't say this meaning religion, as all religions have been perverted to suits the will of Man. It's those who maintain a "Service to Others" outlook not "Service to Self", who will be the ones to replant the seeds of Liberty, tend to them, and watch them thrive.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    This ship is enormous and it can't turn around quickly.

I think you're right. It also doesn't help that our captain and all of his crew are deaf, blind, drunk, and dumb. But since out of the 2,000 passengers on the ship, only 200 people have been screaming at the rest of the clueless, careless passengers about the iceberg we're rapidly approaching, there is room for all of us on the lifeboat. Let's hop on it, let the ship plow into the iceberg (because it's going to anyway) and drive our lifeboat back to shore to build the exact same ship over again, but let's have an IQ test to permit boarding this time.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I think you're right. It also doesn't help that our captain and all of his crew are deaf, blind, drunk, and dumb. But since out of the 2,000 passengers on the ship, only 200 people have been screaming at the rest of the clueless, careless passengers about the iceberg we're rapidly approaching, there is room for all of us on the lifeboat. Let's hop on it, let the ship plow into the iceberg (because it's going to anyway) and drive our lifeboat back to shore to build the exact same ship over again, but let's have an IQ test to permit boarding this time.

I can't board the lifeboat, I'm on the bucket brigade. I see the icebergs, but I am not giving up on the ship. We only need 3% of the population if history is any teacher.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    In my lifetime we survived Johnson, Carter, and (the biggest criminal IMO) Clinton. We will survive this guy although I believe the damage he has caused is worse than the previous ones mentioned combined.

But can we survive a population that put him in office?

Name me any 10 year period in history (after 1789) where we gained liberty.

Who is John Galt?

And if we experience a "going Galt" movement in the U.S.? What then? I fear the vacuum created by the toppling of our current government far more than the tyranny of our current government.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    There are 3 ways the ship can be turned around:

1. The population gets educated and changes from voting for more entitlements to less. I believe this would take some kind of national disaster on a scale unprecedented in US history. Things would have to get really tough for a long time to make people change that far from where they are today.

2. The population that is voting for more entitlement loses the right to vote. You once had to own land to vote. I would suggest if you do not pay income taxes or receive more money from the gov't than you pay that you do not get to vote.

3. A change in demographics occurs whereby many of those who continually vote for entitlements dies off from some "event" be it nuclear war, plague, etc... For instance if southern California fell into the Pacific or several major cities were devastated by a nuclear attack from one of our many enemies.

Notice that none of these are going to occur in a "comfortable" manner and all likely involve a lot of suffering. I guess number 2 does not but that one is the least likely of the three to happen.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    But can we survive a population that put him in office?

And if we experience a "going Galt" movement in the U.S.? What then? I fear the vacuum created by the toppling of our current government far more than the tyranny of our current government.

Do you fear the chance at real liberty more than our current slavery?

Name any viable solution to our current problems other than starving or cutting the head off the beast. Notice I said viable.

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    Man!, that is an awfully eloquent statement from a guy who calls himself Bubba! :):

:+1: to you, Rich. I'll be bailing right next to you. :yesway:

I met The Bubba Effect at a recent RNMedic Trauma Training class, and I can tell you there's more to him than the screen name suggests ;)

And, I'm not only bailing right there with you, I am raising my sons and daughter to be among the 3% that are needed to right the ship. :patriot:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I met The Bubba Effect at a recent RNMedic Trauma Training class, and I can tell you there's more to him than the screen name suggests ;)

And, I'm not only bailing right there with you, I am raising my sons and daughter to be among the 3% that are needed to right the ship. :patriot:

Gee thanks guys, I'm blushing.

Don't give me too much credit, I'm just stealing lines from Sam Adams.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    In my lifetime we survived Johnson, Carter, and (the biggest criminal IMO) Clinton. We will survive this guy although I believe the damage he has caused is worse than the previous ones mentioned combined.
    Must be a republican?

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Right now we're reaping the 60's, but we have not even begun to reap the whirlwind. When the utter slackers and degenerates from generation X and Y come into power...

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    c) Regulated our education system to the point that we're encouraging mediocrity, by ignoring underperformance and not rewarding excellence so long as everyone at least manages to graduate to the next grade level

It's called "No Child Gets Ahead".

Top Bottom