• ...and so much more!
  • Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Spas, without being there, I think you did the right thing.

I work with mentally ill and dementia patients every day, and it does sound like she may be in the early stages of one or the other.

One thing I've found is that they can rote recite their addresses. I would have asked for that, and paid for bus or cab fair.

If she couldn't give me an address, I would have called the police - discreetly of course - and had them run her name, which I would have asked for.

Josh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Spas,

Don't listen to all the hassle. You saw the possible risks and determined that you would be ok. It is unlikely an elderly lady who is confused will go Ninja and kill you. Your spidey sense told you to pay attention, and you did. Don't let the paranoid folks talk you out of being reasonable. You didn't do anything wrong, and you turned out ok (as you predicted).

There is a difference between being cautious and being paranoid. Not everyone is out there to get you, really.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Josh,

You'd be surprised.

Since Aug 31st 09, I've been punched numerous times, had furniture thrown at me, had numerous sprains, and on one particularly memorable occasion, almost shanked with a butter knife.

It's all in good fun.

But if you're not expecting it, it can get dangerous.

The more confused they are, the more likely they are to have behaviors.

Josh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    "Wir tut es gut dem wird vergeben, so seid recht gut auf allen Wegen..." - 'Ein Lied,' Rammstein

Whoever is good shall be forgiven, therefore be good in all of your journeys.

You tried to help a little old lady, who was probably a little addled.
    Apparently very few on here would have done the same, so be content that you did the right thing even if the method in which you approached the situation was sub-optimal. Ya done good.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    On the contrary, I believe that the majority here would have done the same.

I would have, and have done so.

Just giving some things to watch is all.

When I read Spas's account, I was concerned for the lil' ol' lady.

Josh

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    There is a difference between being cautious and being paranoid. Not everyone is out there to get you, really.

I agree that not everyone is out to get me...... I have just known from personal experience that chances are they mean me harm or are lieng about why they need money or a ride or whatever.

Some are ok with taking the risk.... I am not, call me mean but I have a greater chance at not being robbed or killed..... granted if someone was on the side of the road and looked REALLY hurt then chances are high that I would help.

Last edited:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Spas what you did is a two part thing..

#1 Congrats on having a heart and using it, if it was my grandmother you tried to help and possible save I would have been forever in your debt.

#2 It's a good thing your not my SO, putting yourself in danger would have caused some major issues. Please don't take that comment wrong!!! Your heart was in the right place but bad things happen to good people!! Do you really want to leave your kids to be raised by Scutter on his own??:rolleyes:

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Reps to you. I would have done the same thing. Just be careful.... there's a lot of weirdos out there!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom