• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Ok, I have been watching Gunbot closely now for about three weeks. Ive been able to pick up some great deals on 9mm from freedom munitions, and got burned by natchezss. Wont go into details about the burn, BUT my question is this....how is it that online sites that have had questionable pricing like "luckygunner" and surplus ammo have all this inventory, yet walmart, GM, Dicks, etc, cant get squat in? Is it possible that people from these companies are using tools like gunbot to purchase ammo from other online sites, to only put it for sale on their site at a higher pricing? Dont these sites get their supplies from the same company that the big box stores do? If thats the case, then why cant the general populace find two boxes of Federal 5.56 55gr FMJ-BT 20/box at $10.99 at GM, but I can find two boxes of Federal 5.56 55gr FMJ-BT 20/box at $24.99? Anybody have any ideas?

On a side note....I have to give an IOU in rep to the creators of Gunbot. One of the most usefull internet tools I have used in a long time. Great job!!!!:yesway:

NumberCruncher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    That's a good point. I have been looking for 9mm ammo also and can't seem to find a decent price anywhere. I guess if I owned an ammo website, I might do that very thing. If somebody is willing to pay it, I'd be willing to sell it to them.

I actually rolled past Gander Mountain this morning, as I work just around the corner, and at 8:00AM there was a line at the door of about 10+ guys. I was hoping with the push from Thurs to Fri ammo stocking and the ice storm I may be able to slip in there unnoticed and pickup some ammo. Oh well.

jeager361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I have been keeping my eye on the local Walmarts for some time now. If I am driving by, I make it a point to stop in just to see what they have got. Usually, the shelves are clear of everything but shotgun ammo. Well, yesterday, I got lucky and they had a half dozen boxes 100 count boxes of 9mm and one in .38 special. Needless to day, I bought my 3 boxes immediately.

I agree with your assessment. I wonder if part of it is because they are charging such high prices that they are not moving through their inventory as quickly and thus it just seems like they are always stocked up?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I think it mostly has to deal with how pricing affects demand.

In this economy the places like Walmart etc ARE getting ammo, but because they aren't gouging it literally disappears as soon as the cart rolls out of the back room. But places that are gouging are only selling a small "trickle" of ammo out of their stock and therefore the flow of ammo coming in is able to keep up with the flow going out...

Think about it. If you saw the ammo in stock for $10.99 at Walmart would you buy it? Right, so would everyone else that wants/needs that ammo.

OTOH, are you buying the same ammo online at $24.99? NO? Well neither are many other people. That is why those places still have a lot of stock.

Top Bottom