"Inteliscope" - iPhone "scope" for Rifles...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    And did you ever look at a smart phone screen in bright daylight, or low daylight?
    Considering I carry my iPhone 5 with me all day, every day, yes I have - on numerous occasions.

It's part of what sets one phone apart from another. That said, I've never had issues seeing the screen on my iPhone 5 in broad daylight but your mileage may vary.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I don't care what anyone says.... this concept is absolutely BADA**!
    Imagine how incredible the fine tuning could become as updates become available. Limitless....

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    My interest is definitely peaked, but I can't see how it would work well at much distance.
    5x Digital Zoom is about all you get out of this at this point but it could set a precedent for computerized scopes. I know there's already a linux-based scope [iPhone is Unix based] but I think that's the direction the higher-end gear is heading.

I'm guessing since this is a preorder, no one has seen them yet?
    I'm sure some people have gotten to play with one - but not the general public.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    iPhone obviously doesn't have night vision, so faked NV is useless. The screen takes up a considerable amount of your target periphery which is dangerous in a combat situation. Cool nonetheless.

I think I'd like to see the mount done differently. The mount would contain prisms that connect the camera lens from the left side of the weapon over to the top rail. The viewing device (iPod, iPhone, android) would then be mounted to a swivel, allowing the device to close flat against the side of the weapon out of the way.

Kind of like the call of duty gun with the personnel radar:
    mw3-radar.png

Not that I play cod, just an example of a design.

OR

Just re-engineer a different product using components cheaper than that of the cost of an iPhone. Mount a miniature camera with actual NV capabilities to the top rail. Then design your side mounted miniature LCD screen that is wired to the camera. Various reticles, reticle adjustments, etc could be done with a STAMP PC or Arduino, etc.

Last edited:

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    that is cool as hec, but there is one problem...

That friggin' iPhone has a fragile GLASS top.

Put some gorilla glass on it maybe, sure, even...but for the standard iPhone

it is its weakest link.

(*the very reason I don't own one is for that reason alone - glass instead of gorilla Glass. And people buy these fragile things....crazee in my book*)

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    that is cool as hec, but there is one problem...

That friggin' iPhone has a fragile GLASS top.

Put some gorilla glass on it maybe, sure, even...but for the standard iPhone

it is its weakest link.

(*the very reason I don't own one is for that reason alone - glass instead of gorilla Glass. And people buy these fragile things....crazee in my book*)
    The glass isn't your standard fragile glass - it is quite strong. That said, it is still glass.

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    The problem I see with this is...

If you are trying to shoot but the nagging wife keeps calling! How pissed would you be? Not only is she calling to nag, but now she has kept you from shooting!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    The problem I see with this is...

If you are trying to shoot but the nagging wife keeps calling! How pissed would you be? Not only is she calling to nag, but now she has kept you from shooting!
    Airplane mode? :)

Jailbreak it and rename "Airplane Mode" "Rifle Mode" FTW.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    miami county
    Ive actually seen this used for wounded warriors and other disabled shooters with extreme disabilities its a interesting concept but with bigger rifles the recoil knocks the phone right out of the holder but its the first kind in I'm sure will improve with time

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Oh lordie! Now we have assault phones! Someone think of the children!
    I have no clue how to make the above purple.

Top Bottom