• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    If you were genuinely concerned about the temperature of water he's in, why didn't you send him a pm instead of publically casting aspersions? You seem to be a big fan of getting the government out of regulating healthcare, how about the real estate industry?

I happen to be a good electrician and pretty good at construction but I rarely offer help here. If I do, as sure as the sun will rise in the east tomorrow, a "licensed" person will be along to tell everyone that I don't have the requisite licenses, permits, qualifications, etc. And we wonder why people aren't neighborly any more.

Oh no, the real estate sheriff has struck INGO.:noway: How come you do this on every site I find you on 88GT?????:cool:

Last edited:

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I figure my chances of actually getting a deter who pays ad takes care of the pace are about 1 in 4.
    you could use a property management company. my parents decided to rent out there house in downtown Indy because they didn't want to sell for 150,000 less then it was worth (5,000 sq/ft restored victorian), so they hired a property management company. it cost 10% of the rent a month, but they are getting top dollar and they don't have to mess with anything. the company found renters, did background and credit checks, collects the rent, and is the go between for repairs. they've been there a year now with zero issues. just something to consider. if you want it, i can get you the name and number of the company.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The renters will take care of your house, cause you're going to hold their deposit:yesway: I have 5 rental homes, & what ever breaks, you can claim it on your taxes:D

A bad renter can do enough damage to use up a security deposit in about 3 seconds.

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    You shouldn't be offended by any low offer, in my opinion. For people who have the money, now is the time to buy. There are plenty of properties out there and if they don't get yours at the price they want they only have to wait a bit until someone comes along who is willing to pay what they offer. It may be a "low ball", but how much money are you losing by keeping your cash tied up in that house? What could you be investing the money in that right now is sitting idle? Sell it, cut your losses, take the money and reinvest it in something else. You've gotta keep your money moving if you hope to make money.

VanillaThunder

Shooter
    Rating - 94.5%
    52   3   0
    Aug 13, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    There's always someone on the internet that is soooo much smarter than everyone else, and loves to prove it.

My offer stands, since at no time did I try to solicit business. Since I am not a member of your local MLS, I'm sure this 88GT idiot would know there's no way I could take the listing anyway- I was simply trying to help out someone without need, desire, or solicitation of any sort of compensation whatsoever. Clearly a foreign concept to some.

I've been doing this a long time, and my reputation, clients, and colleagues will vouch for me. How about you?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Next time I'll just keep quiet and let him step on his dick and hope for the best.

I'm sure this 88GT idiot would know there's no way I could take the listing anyway

Alright folks here is your official warning. Stick to the OP's topic and do so without the insults and name-calling or bans will be issued immediately and without further warning. This goes for everyone in this thread.

Thanks!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Tough market, I've had a house listed for nearly a year, have a showing every week, all the offers simply dry up when the bank gets involved. I don't think the financial institutions are loaning money, just covering old mistakes and paying retention bonuses.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I use to work with a guy that would put in ridiculously low offers on houses. Someone would bite and he'd turn it within a year or so at a profit. Of course the market was better then...

I think I'd just sit on it if it really isn't costing anything.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I use to work with a guy that would put in ridiculously low offers on houses. Someone would bite and he'd turn it within a year or so at a profit. Of course the market was better then...

I think I'd just sit on it if it really isn't costing anything.

W H Y sell when you can rent, make money:rockwoot:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i think its a mistake not to counter. even if you knock 1000 bucks of your aasking price counter somthing. the way the market is now you have to hold on to anyone who can get or has financing.

Top Bottom