• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TGUNTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Plainfield
    I have a GWII pistol that the front sight came off. What I would like to do is have someone install a new blade but with a dovetail so I can adjust left to right. Does anyone know some one close to Plainfield that does this kind of work. I thought about trying it myself but will probably mess it up.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    IIWY, I'd drift the rear to adjust for windage and just get a relatively inexpensive staking tool from Brownell's or the like to reinstall the front blade yourself. If necessary, you can easily buy a slightly taller or shorter stake-on front with the proper sized tenon to correct for elevation with the loads you use. It's a simple job and pretty intuitive and straight-forward process.

Having a dovetail cut in your slide and a suitable front blade installed by a pro will likely be a medium-expensive proposition. Of course, do can as you want. Just sayin' what I'd do, being a frugal sort by nature.

TGUNTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Plainfield
    The rear sight is fixed I can reinstall the front but was trying to have some windage adjustment like I have on one of my Black powder pistols. Not sure if it will work.

TGUNTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Plainfield
    It is a Peitta cowboy action revolver 357mag in this case. Mine is called the California. I am sure i spelled something wrong but you can look up their web site they have a lot of nice looking guns if you are in to the single actions.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    My mistake then. I somehow got the idea that you were talking about a 1911 of some sort when I read the "GWII".

In that case, you're right: A dovetail mounted front is about the only way you're going to get to make windage corrections relatively easily. Just wonder if that's going to be required often enough to make the expense involved worthwhile. Generally, once I've gotten a fixed-sight weapon regulated POI and POA to coincide at a specific range with my chosen load, it 'stays put'.

Top Bottom