• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I wouldn't take Ambien on a dare. It has ruined the career of more than one of my friends and I've heard horror stories from a few others. That stuff is evil and should only be administered when the recipient is under 24 hour surveillance.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I wouldn't take Ambien on a dare. It has ruined the career of more than one of my friends and I've heard horror stories from a few others. That stuff is evil and should only be administered when the recipient is under 24 hour surveillance.

I couldn't believe how out of control I was.
    Now what if I had decided to take a drive one of those nights. I swore I'd only take it if I was tied to the bed first. I chose to just throw the rest out.

I would rather be put into an induced coma to get some rest. (I have asked the doc but he wouldn't go for that)

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I started having sleep issues a couple years ago. I would have bouts of insomnia or zombie sleep. I avoid caffeine usually after noon unless I plan on a late night.

I've used Benadryl & Valerian before but only when I knew I could sleep long enough to get it out of my system. Small amounts of alcohol has been helpful on occasion.

Luckily now I am usually so wiped out from work that sleeping is easy, although some nights I still have zombie sleep.

Last night I fell asleep around 11:00pm. My son woke me up an hour later. My body thought we had a nap and didn't want to go back to sleep. After 20 minutes or so I grabbed my phone & started looking at Facebook. Soon I was sleepy again.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I'm 7 days free of any and all sleep aides, and no, no sleep apnea either and rarely no more than a Saturday or Friday night drink before bed. The melatonin obviously didn't agree with me so here we are, sleeping thru the night.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have had sleep issues for as long as I can remember. I took Ambien for at least ten years and just recently got off from it. The worst thing I did while on it was eat too much ice cream or maybe use a little less discretion when shopping online. It got to a point where it just wasn't working any more, so I exchanged one drug for another. A low dose of Xanax seems to be working for me right now. Maybe anxiety played a role in my insomnia and I just didn't know it.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Ambien...........asleep in 15 minutes. Wake up like somebody shot a .44 magnum in the room, exactly 4 hrs later.
    Felt like I slept only 10 mins.
    Total loss of time.

4 hrs? Not worth it. Stopped after 2 weeks, had bad headache for 2 days.

Dunno if that caused it or not.

Melatonin..........does nothing.

I work an odd shift, and people get up for school and work and don't give a flip about dad. Freakin' cats howl (one old and going crazy). Idiot neighbors play basketball on patio next door, in summer/spring/fall til 2 am.

Yeah,I haven't slept good in probably 8 yrs.

Tinnitus doesn't help.

I do sleep a little, like and hr and then up an hr, then out 30 mins, up an hr............that crap. Hell I'm on INGO after a 2 hr nap.

Ear plugs do help. I still hear low level noise, esp big trucks going down the main road some distance from our addition.

My own bed (woman has RLS)..........in my own room. In my own house, out in the country.
    That and a good bloody mary and I think I'd be cured.

No pets either.

Yrs ago it was bad back/shoulder that kept me up all night. Those got better, so it was kidney stones. Those gone...........now it's just pets and family and neighbors.

Nothing ever gets syncd.

Amazing how I'm still the ray of sunshine after all this nonsense.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I do seem to fall asleep faster since I do the speed sleep breathing thing.
    Staying asleep is still a problem.
    Takes me 2 hrs to acclimate after getting off work (hot environment).
    I don't even try until I've got the 2 hour wind down complete.

No meds, everything fine. Don't have to use the bathroom.

If anything I might need to drink more fluids. Could help with some minor back pain?

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I really enjoy my morning coffee. I like the way it tastes, I like the way it smells. I have found as long as I don't go overboard or drink it too late in the afternoon it is not a problem.

I think around the time I hit 40 I starting becoming caffeine sensitive and had to start limiting my consumption. Before that I could drink coffee all day long and still sleep at night.

I just think the aging process screws up the sleep process. I could still get by on 4 to 6 hours of sleep a night on a regular basis until I starting getting closer to 50. Now I can't do that for very many nights before I am wiped out.

Top Bottom