• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indymeh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    I agree with a couple of the posts above. He had every right to publish this cartoon. While I don't agree with it and think it is extremely disrespectful it is his 1A RIGHT to express his opinion no matter how much it varies from ours.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I agree with a couple of the posts above. He had every right to publish this cartoon. While I don't agree with it and think it is extremely disrespectful it is his 1A RIGHT to express his opinion no matter how much it varies from ours.
    Same Here, I want to write to the editor, but not sure what to write.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    In VERY poor taste. However, we can't jump up and down preaching about our 2A rights while ****ting all over the 1A.

He has the right to print it - but just because you have the right - does not make it the Right thing to do.

He can print it - and we can tell him that it was in very poor taste and reflects badly upon him and his employer. Both are examples of exercising the First Amendment.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks OP... I wrote to them as well:

Mr. Judge and Mr. Pepper, you should be ashamed of yourselves for having the audacity to run the disgusting cartoon exploiting the death of an American soldier to get your political jollies. Chris Kyle served this country so that lowlife scum such as you have the right to do what you do - sink to the lowest level possible and spout your garbage. If you don't agree with the second amendment, that is your prerogative. It is your prerogative because of men like Chris Kyle. You, sirs, are not fit to shine the boots of such men. Shame on you.

SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    I am so upset that there are clueless people out there like this who don't understand the sacrifices our troops make for us to live here as free american citizens. If this cartoonist truly understood their sacrifices, REGARDLESS of his view on 2nd Amendment rights, he never would have drawn this and published it. I agree that people have the freedom of speech, but to voice your opinion on second amendment rights in this fashion is truly childish and insensitive. There are other ways to do it and this is just morally wrong.

I wonder how many people will show up to that cartoon artists funeral when he dies. There's a great cartoon to draw and send back to him. A funeral with no one at it. Caption: "What the funeral of insensitive artists looks like".

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    I'm completely disgusted and saddened by the cartoon by a cartoonist from a state that is proposing an outright confiscation of guns from law abiding individuals.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    The cartoonist sunk to the same level of filth and disrespect as those clowns at Westboro Baptist Church. The paper lost all editorial credibility for publishing that garbage.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    I'm happy to say that I was VERY uncomplimentary in my email to the artist. I am waiting for my rage to subside before emailing his boss. I did a GIS on the artist for ****s and giggles, just to see what that blubbering **** looks like. From what I can see, he is missing several chromosomes.

Top Bottom