• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    First time I ever had an x-ray, the doctor pointed out several healed fractures and a snapped off vertebra floating around in there. He asked what I'd done to break my back between the ages of about 10-18, and I had no idea. I started naming possible culprits;

Thrown from a horse into a fence post

Passenger in a roll-over car accident

Fell out of the top of a tree

Bounced out of the back of a bookin' pickup truck

Run over by a motorcycle

Jumped off a roof into a kiddie pool

The doctor stopped me and told me not to say any more because I was making him wince just hearing all of it and said my mother deserved a medal. I told him she didn't know about some of them.
    He went --> :n00b: And told me to call her and thank her for not finishing the job.
    :patriot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Clotheslined myself by a steel cable clothesline once, took my glasses off from my head...another sixteenth of an inch higher and it would've sliced into my eyeballs.

Cut my right pinky in half lengthwise when I was four, slicing an apple in the dark.

Stepped on a nail gathering skids to be burned in the wood-burning stove once, went so far through my left foot that I could see it through the top.

Flew over my handlebars on the way to the bus stop, skidded along asphalt and into the ditch, got several stitches...

That's about it. Nothing broken, really, that I'm aware of.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Lessee...

Usual kid things, but nothing worse than a sprain.

Concussion when I was a young teenager from falling on ice. It took three tries though.

Fell from a barn loft, hit my ribs on a stall wall. Sprained them; nobody could figure out why they weren't broken (toughened by kicks, maybe?)

Head on collision on IN13. No injury.

Snapped a finger at work when I was a mechanic. That made for weak hand carry for a bit.

Run over by a semi on US24. No injury.

Rolled a Blazer at IN13 and US24. No injury.

Sprained both feet at once. Long story. They healed.

Caught a 400lb patient who was falling. Hurt my back; it's healing.

Broke my toe yesterday. Thought I just tweaked it until it started changing colors - looks like I got the joint. Taped it up and it should be good to go here in a couple, few weeks.

Weight lifting as a teenager I blew out my shoulder. Nothing to be done for it.

Martial arts training, threw a kick and was blocked on my knee. Hyperextension; nothing to be done for it except get it replaced later on. And keep losing weight I guess. Dammit. All it really does is make my leg go numb if I stand on it too long. Affects the sciatic nerve.

The older I get, the longer it's been taking me to heal, and that's just whizzing me off.

Josh

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Injuries? I have never been hurt!! if I started typing out every injury I have had in 30yrs this would end up being the longest post of all time. maybe this evening Ill type out a few:):
    now if you'll excuse me I need to get up and get ready for my physical therapy appointment this morning.:dunno::popcorn:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'm either A) very careful B) very lucky or C) a wimp who doesn't do anything to get injured.

Minor kid stuff for me is just about the extent of it.

I was the kid who forever had skinned-up knees...

When I was learning to ride a bike, one of my training wheels fell off as I'd just come down "the big hill" in the neighborhood. I hadn't gotten the hang of balancing...so I fell to my left. While still going rather fast, and skidded across the ground on the L side of my face. (So THAT'S what's wrong with it!)

Severely jammed and/or broke my L pinky toe by kicking an inward opening door. You know how they stick out from the wall for the width of the door? Yeah, caught that at a trot as I was swinging my L foot forward for another step.

I've had THREE vehicles totaled out from underneath me...ZERO injuries or complications. (Thankfully)

I guess the worst of it would probably be throwing out my back or getting tendonitis in my knee!

-J-

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I had a birth defect on my right hand wherein I had to have my right thumb removed two weeks after I was born. Surgery was then conducted to where I had my index finger moved over to where my thumb would be. Most people don't notice unless I show them. Sounds weird, I know. But, I can type 60 words a minute, grab a beer, play baseball, video games, etc. without a problem.

I also have a cracked skull from when I was hit by a drunk driver. Hit the dashboard. No brain injury, I swear.

I was also scalped. Yes, scalped. When I was three years old, I fell off of the metal swing set in my back yard, I looked up, and the swing came back and hit my forehead, peeling the scalp back to the top of my head, it was sewn back on, and now I have magnificent hair.

I have a scar on my left hand due to a fist fight I got in when I was fifteen. I knocked out a guys tooth, and it stuck in my knuckle.

I have a scar on my left ankle because when I was 14, I was taking out the garbarge, and swinging around the trash bag that had broken glass in it, cut my ankle, deep.

I had my left knee scoped because when I was working in high school, in a grocery store as a stocker, I was on the top bay, stepped on a pallet that was unsecure, and landed on me knees, on a pallet below. My knee exploded!

Other than my cracked skull, I haven't had many broken bones, but plenty of scars from gashes, etc.

And, so many internal scars due to crazy ex-girlfriends.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    fell out of a hay loft @ 4 y/o, fractured my skull and spent 3 days in the hospital. (I've heard all the jokes, I need no more)
    Fell face first while skating, broke my front top teeth half way up.
    Kicked the bed, broke my toe.
    Riding my bike and a car turned in front of me, I hit the car and ended up with some major road rash and a new bike.
    Numerous other minor injuries growing up. I was a tomboy and my body feels it now.

As an adult I have been safer, only walked into a wall and broke the aforementioned front teeth up higher than they were.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Wow, you guys are all weaksauce.

I've had a vasectomy, top that.

Seriously, I'm like Indy_Guy_77, very few injuries over my 38 yrs. I've been in (I think) 13 auto accidents, including totalling 5 vehicles that I was either driving or riding in. Worst injury was a sprained knee. During an adventure race at Eagle Creek, I fell into a hole deeper than I am tall and about 4' in diameter, at night. No injury.

I do have a small scar similar to the Indiana Jones scar from biting through my lower lip when I was 4.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I've had multiple "stitches" incidents in my lifetime, but I'll just list the 3 most notable.

In a period of 3 months, I had 27 stitches on 3 different occasions for 2 different injuries.

#1 After football practice we were doing "plyometrics" in the weight room. The course we set up included several different small jumps over some "workout steps" and at the end of the course were 2 large boxes that we jumped on, then off, then on the next etc. It was the last cycle through the course and we were all tired. I cleared the first, smaller box just fine, and jumped up on the second (about 3 ' off the ground). My right foot didn't make it fully onto the box, but it was on enough to support me. When I went to jump off the box, my foot slipped, and the power from the explosion in my legs drove my right shin down on the box really hard. The corner of the box sliced into my shin like a hot knife in butter. The skin on your shin is tight, and when cut, it tends to open up. This was no different, the skin opened up about 2.5" long and about 1" wide in the center. I could clearly see the shin bone just laying out there in all its milky/grey/yellowey glory. I could've easily laid 2 nickels on top of it the gash was that wide. I got 10 stitches and got them removed 2 weeks later.

The next day in school I "aggravated" a girl at lunch time, so she kicks me in the shin. Where I had just gotten stitches removed, it split wide open again.

Another trip to get stitches. This time 4 dissolving stitches inside and 7 outside. The doc said if it didn't heal well enough this time he was going to have to do a skin graft because he couldn't stretch the skin together anymore. Luckily it healed, but unfortunately, he said I better not play football the rest of the year (my senior year).

3rd incident happened a couple months later. Playing ice-hockey on our neighbor's pond. My brother got his stick tangled up in my skates. I went down hard, and couldn't catch myself. My chin connected with the ice first. My friend said my head bounced like a basketball, but I didn't chip any teeth and didn't bite my tongue luckily. Split my chin wide open and required 6 stitches.

Knock-on-wood, I haven't had any major accidents since then. But I certainly did end up in the ER a lot all through HS, lots of athletic related injuries. My dad is just as bad, but his are always "work-related" on the farm or doing a home-improvement project.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom