All while doing stupid stuff.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Got hit by a car messed up my knee six weeks in a cast 3 surgery's the last one was to replace it!!

In a roll over got ejected broke my back!! That is all. :D

Oh forgot, when I was 12 riding my bike down a big hill going real fast, looked back to see if there was any traffic so I could go around a parked car, by the time I looked back to the front I hit the car got thrown over the handle bars over the top of the car 23 stitches in my upper inside of my left leg real close to Mr Happy!!

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    Rolled the truck in my avatar. Torn LCL, broken tibia, broken pelvic ring, lacerated spleen, broken tailbone, broken saccrum(bone above tailbone) I have screws holding those together, 3 fractured vertebrae, broken rib, broken arm at the shoulder, got titanium plate and screws there. I think that was it!

blaine

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    almost cut my finger off with knife while trying to cut a frozen chocolate easter rabbit.

split my knee open to the bone falling down a park trail. when i went to get my knee fixed the doctor decided to dig around in my knee for rocks and air bubbles without numbing it first or telling me what she was going to do. i freaked out and grab her which made her freak out. she numbed it up real quick.

broke my elbow at band camp when i got tripped by somebody behind me on their hands and knees. (yes, this really did happen at band camp) i fell on grass. had to get surgery to fix the damage. got two 4 inch pins put in while it healed. cant straighten that arm all the way anymore.

here is a sweet injury pic i found on the interwebs, enjoy.

WARNING: GRAPHIC
    http://www.ultimatesportsmen.com/weird/pics/bear8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I have broken a bunch of bones...... however none of them have been mine. :)

Stepped on a piece of glass and could see daylight through my foot.

Crushed the tip of one of my fingers.

Landed on my motorcycle's steel gas tank too many times to count.

Twisted my ankle so bad it required surgery.

Slid down a set of metal stairs, with the no slip metal spike tread, on my back.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    broken leg (kids stuff)
    broken arm (kids stuff)
    broken thumb with ligament tear also (football)
    Injured retina/ almost lost eye sight (tomato fight- no kidding)
    broken nose (football)
    testiculectomy (ex-wife)
    injured brachial plexus/ almost paralized arm (football)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Relichound. /Thread.:):

Let's hear some stories.
    I have:
    Cut my thumb off with a circular saw.
    Broken all my ribs.....at one time or another
    Broken or dislocated every finger.
    Broken my collar bone
    Tore my ICL.
    All while doing stupid stuff.

You've managed to break every single one of your ribs at one point in time? That's insane.

I have broken a bunch of bones...... however none of them have been mine. :)

Stepped on a piece of glass and could see daylight through my foot.

1. Do tell.:D

2. That must have been a large piece of glass.:n00b:

BTW, I had stitches once...Then there's my knees, but since they haven't been diagnosed, I won't count them.:D

Zero broken bones. ***Knocks on wood***

I guess I've always been overly careful.:dunno:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!

You've managed to break every single one of your ribs at one point in time? That's insane.

1. Do tell.:D

2. That must have been a large piece of glass.:n00b:

1. I broke my brothers arm. When we were kids (I'm the oldest) I would lay on my back and my brothers and sister would run at me. I would catch their hands with mine and plant my feet on their hips and launch them on over. They always had a blast until my youngest brother ATF Consumer ended up with a broken arm.

2. In six grade a skinny girl sat behind me in class. One day she leans forward to quietly ask me a question. While turning around I slid my desk backward catching her fingers over the edge of her desk and between mine. Only broke one finger though.

3. When I was in high school we were at the park playing a pickup game of baseball. I was playing first base. I threw the ball to second and when the girl caught the ball it somehow broke one of her fingers. :)

4. Junior year of high school. During gym class we were playing basketball. The guy I was guarding took off down the court in hopes of a fast break. i was hot on his heals. The pass came and I got my hands on it but so did he. When we hit the floor the first thing to hit was his elbow, with mine right on the inside of his. Yep it broke his arm.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    When I was a kid I wrecked a borrowed bike through a mud and gravel-filled trench at the bottom of a hill, earning 18 stitches in my chin.

In 6th grade, I fell 30' from a tree, gathering a host of bruises on my ribs and hips, a wire from my braces embedded in my upper lip, and a busted left arm. The ulna (the one that connects away from the thumb) was snapped clean in two. The radius was shattered in what's called a greenstick fracture. I carried the arm to the hospital on a piece of wood. My cast didn't work so they screwed pins into the bone and stabilized them with an external brace. After the first few weeks, chasing girls around the school with the skin pulled back to show the bone became a favorite pastime.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

1. I broke my brothers arm. When we were kids (I'm the oldest) I would lay on my back and my brothers and sister would run at me. I would catch their hands with mine and plant my feet on their hips and launch them on over. They always had a blast until my youngest brother ATF Consumer ended up with a broken arm.

2. In six grade a skinny girl sat behind me in class. One day she leans forward to quietly ask me a question. While turning around I slid my desk backward catching her fingers over the edge of her desk and between mine. Only broke one finger though.

3. When I was in high school we were at the park playing a pickup game of baseball. I was playing first base. I threw the ball to second and when the girl caught the ball it somehow broke one of her fingers. :)

4. Junior year of high school. During gym class we were playing basketball. The guy I was guarding took off down the court in hopes of a fast break. i was hot on his heals. The pass came and I got my hands on it but so did he. When we hit the floor the first thing to hit was his elbow, with mine right on the inside of his. Yep it broke his arm.

1. I didn't know ATF Consumer was your brother.

2/3. I see you like breaking girl's arms.:laugh:

3. That same situation happened with me, except I was on the losing end...I was playing a pickup game and some dude stole the ball from us and was on a fast break. I caught up to him and got within 3-4 feet of him and thought to myself "this is gonna feel good slamming this bball off the backboard when he goes for the easy layup...Yeah, somehow he knew there was someone on his heels, so he planted and faked before taking the layup. By this point, I was airborne and on the way down. I slid off his back and my ankle landed sideways. My ankles are virtually unspringable(yeah, I'm a wordsmith) so my left MCL gave in. It wasn't a major tear, since I'm still living with it and never had surgery, but I know there's some scar tissue in there, because it still hurts from time to time.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Right arm broken twice
    Right Hand Broken twice, separate from above...
    Right wrist fractured once, separate form 2 above..... And I'm right handed
    Nose twice
    Bruised Heel
    Sprained ankles
    Stitches to index finger, filleted the top almost off
    Herniated disc
    Pulled ALL the muscles in my lower back
    Torn meniscus in both knees requiring surgery
    Carpal Tunnel flare ups
    Separated shoulder
    Concussion

Think that about covers it...lol

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    1. I didn't know ATF Consumer was your brother.

3. That same situation happened with me, except I was on the losing end...I was playing a pickup game and some dude stole the ball from us and was on a fast break. I caught up to him and got within 3-4 feet of him and thought to myself "this is gonna feel good slamming this bball off the backboard when he goes for the easy layup...Yeah, somehow he knew there was someone on his heels, so he planted and faked before taking the layup. By this point, I was airborne and on the way down. I slid off his back and my ankle landed sideways. My ankles are virtually unspringable(yeah, I'm a wordsmith) so my left MCL gave in. It wasn't a major tear, since I'm still living with it and never had surgery, but I know there's some scar tissue in there, because it still hurts from time to time.

1. I didn't know that either! I think I met ATF at the Indy OC Walk last year. That mean I half-met BE, too?

3. I did that to a guy in a high school game in Jamaica. The guy thought ther was no way a white kid knew anything about basketball. Too bad he didn't know about Indiana ball players! Fast break, I caught the ball right on the blocks and gave a pump fake, and up he went. His feet caught me in the face (I had ducked, he didn't jump 6 feet up), so he got flipped upside down, and when he put his hand out to break his fall, it bent his wrist clear backwards. My mom got it on video tape :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Hellinois
    Broken left collar bone.
    Stitches in front of my head at the hairline from falling out of an apple tree.
    Stitches around the top of my head from falling out of the back of a Radio Flyer lol.
    Had a bucket of used motor oil spilled on my face/in my eyes when i was younger (ran to hug dad as he came home from work, in the garage, just as he removed the oil container from a shelf for disposal, i was looking up...oil came spilling down!)
    Racked the jewels a few too many times

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    1. I didn't know that either! I think I met ATF at the Indy OC Walk last year. That mean I half-met BE, too?

3. I did that to a guy in a high school game in Jamaica. The guy thought ther was no way a white kid knew anything about basketball. Too bad he didn't know about Indiana ball players! Fast break, I caught the ball right on the blocks and gave a pump fake, and up he went. His feet caught me in the face (I had ducked, he didn't jump 6 feet up), so he got flipped upside down, and when he put his hand out to break his fall, it bent his wrist clear backwards. My mom got it on video tape :)

What were you in Jamaica for?

(BTW, I just realized my #3 should have been #4)

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    What were you in Jamaica for?

(BTW, I just realized my #3 should have been #4)

Oh, then I guess my #3 should've been #4, too. As long as it wasn't #2, eh?! Ha... ha... ha...

I lived there for 5 years while my parents were serving as missionaries there. Hated it at first because I had to leave all my friends here in the States, but then I realized - holy crap I get to live in Jamaica! The last couple years were awesome. Got my scuba diving certification in some of the best places I've ever dived.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    What a ride!

Poem is fitting for this thread...

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave
    with the intention of arriving safely
    in an attractive and well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways,
    chocolate in one hand,
    wine in the other,
    body thoroughly used up,
    totally worn out and screaming
    "WOO HOO what a ride!"

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I've broke all my toes throughout life; both big ones and little ones twice. (petty, I know)

2 four wheeler wrecks; first one I got bruised and scraped up bad, second one cracked a couple ribs.

Got my left knee smashed between 2 car bumpers.

Put my right hand through a window.

Now the best for last...
    When I was in the first grade I had just gotten off the bus at school and went running across the playground. I fell down and cut my eyelid on my lunch box which resulted in 2 or 3 stitches. Funny how some things you never forget or can remember for that matter. Of course my mom has a tendency to repeat that story.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009

BMX & Skateboarding.........Mostly the latter. Same with the fingers.
    I can't count how many times I have been stitched up for a cut.

I also forgot about the time I got my foot broke by a C6 Transmission.
    It fell.
    Steel toe boots do work. The trans broke a bone behind the toe, though.:n00b:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom