INGO, what will be the popular gun(s) in 2012?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    What would you say will be among the most sought out handguns/rifles/shotguns going into 2012 and why? Post your reason for listing the item and a pic if you can locate one. You could also add some prices you have seen and where someone can pick one up. :yesway:

I'll start out with the Marlin 1894 Lever-Action Rifle. Although a lot of hunters are sticking with the standard 12/20 gauge for hunting, I believe more people will start converting to a more manageable recoil. The .44 or .38 also allows those who reloader to produce their own (cheaper) rounds for training/hunting. That's much cheaper than purchasing five, $17 Hornady SST slugs, hoping to get on target fast enough to put that shotgun back in the case until it's time to get to the stand.

I'm seeing these for about $800 online, but I'm not sure about local prices and availability.

MarlinLeverAction.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'll start out with the Marlin 1894 Lever-Action Rifle.

I'm seeing these for about $800 online, but I'm not sure about local prices and availability.

The Marlin 1894s have been insanely popular ever since Indiana legalized pistol-caliber rifles for deer hunting. Lately, they have been next to impossible to come by, as Marlin has suspended production on most of their leverguns for the remainder of the year. This would also explain the inflated on-line pricing you're seeing; we sell the blued models at $589.95 and the stainless at $699.95.

My contribution to the thread - the Ruger SR-1911 will be VERY hot next year, provided that Ruger can actually start producing guns in significant quantities.

Last edited:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    1911's of all shapes and sizes seem to always be popular for good reason! I agree with the lever actions staying high, the new rules next year may move a few more the AR deer slaying crowd(450 Bushmaster).

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    It looks like a really good rifle! On the other hand, what good is it for hunting if you are just going to leave it in the garage when you go hunting?

:D

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Kel-Tec KSG 14 + 1 Pump Bull-Pup Tactical Shotgun

Price = ?

From another thread on INGO:

Don't know if it's true, but a couple of months ago I was considering getting on a waiting list for the Beretta Nano 9mm. I called a shop that showed a cheap price online for the Nano and asked about getting on the list. I started the conversation with:

"Can you tell me how the long the waiting list is for the Nano?"

She laughed when saying it was short and only a few dozen deep. "Nothing like the Keltec KSG! We have about 700 in line for that already."

If that's an indication, it should be wildly popular if they can work the kinks from it.

This shotgun is going to be hot, because its different. People are lining up for it now.

KSG.jpg

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    What will be the popular gun(s) in 2012?

I'm hoping it's one that goes bang when you pull the trigger, and
    not kaboom, plus items on the ATF's radar as a problem child.

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    The new line of Saiga 12's Mr. Shooter posted about. I also bet that if Glock produces Gen 4 versions of the 17L and 24 they will be very hot.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Because of the low price-point for the rifles and also ammunition, I believe the Mosin Negant will continue to grow in popularity. They are fun rifles and look pretty cool during twilight shoots. The M9130 can still be obtained for $100 and the M44 and M38 can be found from $120 to $150. Some guys are getting two and three each of the various models!

Mosins.jpg

MosinFIreball.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Kel-Tec KSG 14 + 1 Pump Bull-Pup Tactical Shotgun

Price = ?

From another thread on INGO:

This shotgun is going to be hot, because its different. People are lining up for it now.

KSG.jpg

Could I give up my 870 for this?! OH, YEAH! :rockwoot: Well, I would probably wait until I'm sure the kinks are all worked out, first.

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    Because of the low price-point for the rifles and also ammunition, I believe the Mosin Negant will continue to grow in popularity. They are fun rifles and look pretty cool during twilight shoots. The M9130 can still be obtained for $100 and the M44 and M38 can be found from $120 to $150. Some guys are getting two and three each of the various models!

Mosins.jpg

MosinFIreball.jpg

If 91/59's, M44's, M38's pop up in crates people will have field days.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Election year, so anything black, pistol, or hi-capacity.

I agree with Joshua in that an election year always puts some scare into high cap stuff and the black rifle. :yesway: Although currently I think the AR prices are down a bit.

I also agree that the pocket pistols will continue to be popular, especially as higher calibers like the 9mm and up continue to come out and function well.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Ill have to agree on the SR-1911. Its cheaper 1911 price-tag and the fact that its a good ol' USA gun will make it a hot item. That and because it is getting great functional reviews. Whichever...

Top Bottom