• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm quite disappointed with this topic. Based on the subject, I expected to find an account of how I had once again treated someone badly.

Very. Dis. Appointed.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    There was a bit of a communication issue, leading me to believe that you did not have access to classifieds at all. Later I discovered you were using an outdated link to the photo hosting tutorial, and it was that thread which members did not have access to. We recently revamped the tutorial, and in the process neglected to catch/update some of our links.
    Having said that, by the time I'd realized what the true issue was, you had already attempted to post the ad without having the photos embedded correctly. And unfortunately, I cannot disagree with CM's actions.
    Any of the staff would have been willing to help you learn how to post photos, had we been asked prior. I wouldn't call that unfriendly. :(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There was a bit of a communication issue, leading me to believe that you did not have access to classifieds at all. Later I discovered you were using an outdated link to the photo hosting tutorial, and it was that thread which members did not have access to. We recently revamped the tutorial, and in the process neglected to catch/update some of our links.
    Having said that, by the time I'd realized what the true issue was, you had already attempted to post the ad without having the photos embedded correctly. And unfortunately, I cannot disagree with CM's actions.
    Any of the staff would have been willing to help you learn how to post photos, had we been asked prior. I wouldn't call that unfriendly. :(

So this was the issue you were speaking of.
    I wish I had known but I had already attempted to get info to the OP.
    His actions were predictable from his history.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Based on this and the restaurant thing, my conclusion is: some special snowflakes can't cope when the world around them does not conform to their whims on their terms and on their time table.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'll never understand why people get upset about infractions. They don't cost anything, they don't really mean anything, and nobody knows about them unless you go posting it on the public areas...like this. Think of it as a more convenient PM about your mistake.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    When using Photobucket just copy and paste the image link when you are replying or starting a thread.

This is true. Take your pic, save it to your computer, log on to photobucket (creating an account is free), upload the pic, copy the "share" link, go back to your INGO thread you have launched and use the icon 'Insert image'.

It doesn't get any easier. BTW, I have a large number of pics on photobucket and still don't pay for it..
    This^^ is how I do it and I know nothing about computers and less about picture software.:twocents:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Based on this and the restaurant thing, my conclusion is: some special snowflakes can't cope when the world around them does not conform to their whims on their terms and on their time table.

I have a job that puts me in contact with new recruits who are shipping out to training. Every month, I have a "special snowflake" speech I give the group leaving in the next 30 days. The basic points are this: there has never been a special person, and you aren't going to be the first. Nobody owes you anything. If you complete your training it will be because you earned it through hard work, discipline and mental toughness. You won't glide through on a cloud because the Army owes you one. There are special deeds, but they are done by normal people who chose to do the right thing, the hard thing, not because they were born to do it. Mommy and Daddy told you that you were special; they were wrong.

During the speech, I always get several people looking at me like I just shot their dog. Reality has kicked them in their precious little heart, and it hurts. I wish more more folks could realize this, instead of crying about all the meanies who won't hand them everything they ever wanted, and thank them for the privilege of serving them.

If you guys weren't so mean, you would have shown how to link Photobucket pics, Imgur pics. You would have linked in this thread the FAQ section on posting pics. And RMQ and CM would have helped him before he committed the infraction. Oh. Wait.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    ...of CHEESEBURRRRGERRR!!!!!
    Not trying to threadjack but this seems pretty much expired anyway.....
    Any chance I could gain entrance into your October class with a sack of Cheesburgers??
    I too think you would make a good President:dunno:
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer-M&P armorer & 1911mechanic[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not trying to threadjack but this seems pretty much expired anyway.....
    Any chance I could gain entrance into your October class with a sack of Cheesburgers??
    I too think you would make a good President:dunno:
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer-M&P armorer & 1911mechanic[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

That's why Coach runs the logistics. I'd be making change in sesame seeds.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    WAIT A MINUTE HERE!!!

Notice I have no avatar, because I don't know how to link that stuff.

The OP does have an avatar.

Is that a significantly different skill set? Or is someone full of it?

:bat:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom