• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I don't have any more idea about that than I do about how much ammunition I have around here. Not sure I want to try to figure it out, either. Reckon I will if I have to talk to the insurance guy.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I don't think this will translate well to "long arms".

Besides, I think I'm the only one that actually does the math. :D

Ummmmm NO. I've kept all the recipts and invoices on my AR build. I do the math before and after lol

And as stated, I don't like to go over it again lol. It's going to be hard enough when I start my next build...but it's going to be a good one!

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    This thread smells of a thread started by someone either ...
    A. Trying to show off
    or
    B. has spent little enough that they can count it
    or
    C. wants to try to see how they stack up to know where they stand in the "ranks" of gun collectors

No thanks....I have enough in them and im sure that number will always be going up

tdosha

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    A. Trying to show off
    or
    or
    C. wants to try to see how they stack up to know where they stand in the "ranks" of gun collectors

No thanks....I have enough in them and im sure that number will always be going up

..or D. my wife trying to gain intel

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I dont see why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch about this. It's not like he's asking for the serial number on your guns. Personally I only have one AR, so my total cost including accessories is $620(pretty pleased with my budget build thus far)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Im making this thread to mirror the tax stamp thread in the class 3 forum, Ill start

$1,145

A. Trying to show off
    or
    or

Maybe you should do a little research on the OP. Mosinowner is probably the smartest 13yo youll ever have a conversation with. He was probably just curious bc well smart 13yo kids should be curious.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    In all honesty though even though I could come up with a rough guestimate Im certainly not gonna post the value of some of my favorite toys that I KEEP IN THE HOUSE, on the web.

No reason to give any fuel to potential trouble in the future.

A word of wisdom from my father that I pass to you now Mosinowner.

Keep your mouth shut, the less anyone knows you have the better.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Enough to purchase a new 4x4 truck. And yes my wife knows and reminds me whenever she buys more shoes or clothes or gets pissed because I am going out west to hunt again.

Dirty Steve

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    No one knows where you live though, so how would letting a bunch if people online know your gun cost balance make any difference?

Nothing posted on the internet is private we all know that.

If you check my posts Ive just today not an hour ago posted the town I live in.

Some on here DO know my address, first and last name, place of employment and so on. All those who do know are people I trust with said info but its not them Im worried about. Its the people who know WAY more about computers than I do that would take said info and maybe not steal my stuff directly but who may find the sum interesting and decide to look further into my finances. If you know what I mean.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I dont see why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch about this. It's not like he's asking for the serial number on your guns. Personally I only have one AR, so my total cost including accessories is $620(pretty pleased with my budget build thus far)

Some of us do not want to reflect that closely on the reality of our compulsive buying habits.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville

Some of us do not want to reflect that closely on the reality of our compulsive buying habits.

Now that I understand ha. Sometime ignorance is bliss when it comes to money spent.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    When you are almost 60 find it best not to worry too much except for the current toys in connection to insurance and the will (been though many M1As and Mini 14s ... none in house this week ;-). Have seen some of the guys spend several dozen grand on a gun and others get pissed off enough that they could not stand it. A good friend and mentor once told me "you can not own everything, that is what friends are fore, so you can

Well do we count the NFA items as long guns ... and do I count the 20 year old price or current book value ;-).

d5_1919a4_on_colt1928_tripod_lf_oa.jpg

Last edited:

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    Maybe you should do a little research on the OP. Mosinowner is probably the smartest 13yo youll ever have a conversation with. He was probably just curious bc well smart 13yo kids should be curious.

I know who he is...i know his age. And im not bashing on the OP but this thread proves his age which is fine. He is 13 yrs old and he should act like it. BUT he will learn more as he goes through life ....and things you learn as you go is you dont announce things like that on the internet for any person or gov agent to look at. if you want to thats fine its your choice. but lets be real it doesnt gain you anything and it just sets you out there as a target more and more.

Top Bottom