INGO TOP-TENS(best FIGHTER aircraft of all time)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Results of the first top tens are:
    1-P51
    2-F15
    3-F4U
    4-F6F
    5-F14
    6- Tied between F22 and P38

Everything else had one vote only.

All in all, Id say this was abit of a flop.
    I still like the idea, but I think Im gonna make a poll using 10 planes of my choice.

OKAY, heres the idea. I will pose a question, then you all answer in a specific format, then I will tally it up, and present an INGO top ten.

When you post your response, make your first line the ANSWER in ALL CAPS. If you want to comment on why you chose what you chose, please press enter twice before doing so, so Its easier to quickly tally them up. If you respond while on the 3rd page, you didnt read the original post, and you start blabbing without following the format, I cant guarantee it will be counted.

So heres the format:

ANSWER

anything else you want to say

Now I ask you, what is the greatest Air to Air FIGHTER aircraft of all time?

Multi-roll aircraft are fine, but no ground pounders that were not meant to fight Air to Air, or else they wont be counted.
    Also bear in mind, timing.. If the sopwith camel wins, it doesnt mean it would wax the sky with an F22
    Also, only one vote per person please

BEGIN

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    P-38
    USAAF/USAF all-time leading ace Richard Bong flew one, had 40 victories in the Pacific. So did Robin Olds in Europe. The Lightning was designed by Kelly Johnson, also designed the F-104, U-2 and SR-71.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    F6F HELLCAT

I'm basing this on kill ratios, as there were better aircraft, but nothing comes close as far as victories. These questions are very difficult to answer due to varying eras. I'm sure some will say the P51, but the German jet introduced towards the end the war was actually technically superior. So I'm just using practical battles tested performance.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    F4U Corsair was a superior plane to the Hellcat, but harder to fly and land. It was still in service through Korea and killed a few Migs even.

Top Bottom