• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobertIN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2024
    West Harrison
    Just rolled past a year in August. Started as just a (needed) cooldown, no labels or timelines. Been an adjustment for sure, golf was a hard one, concerts are kinda awkward but I actually remember the songs and have a better experience.

My mental clarity went through the roof, lost 30lbs, deeper relationships with my family. If you are thinking of doing it, do it and don't look back!
    I was nearly 230 lbs when I stopped, pear shaped and unhappy. I'm now 185~ and much more proportioned for my lanky 6'2" frame. Mental clarity is huge, thank you for sharing.

RobertIN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2024
    West Harrison
    Congrats, Robert, and everyone else too. November marks 5 years for me. I still miss the party atmosphere sometimes, but not the hangovers, which got worse over time.

Congratulations! I do too, I avoid situations where people are getting sloshed but when I can't avoid it I find myself pitying the fool who doesn't realize we're not 21 anymore and the 30+ year old hangover is going to have them down for days instead of a few hours lol.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Trying to think ... the only immediate success story I have would be my stepdad's brother. Was so addicted to alcohol that his body developed a serious dependence on it. So bad that without medical assistance, quitting would have killed him. One time he came over when I was living between my mom and my real dad, and started drinking some old fake moonshine my mom had out in the garage refrigerator. It was somewhere above 100 proof in a mason jar, and I swear he nearly finished the entire thing while talking to me for about an hour. He also flipped more than one work van due to drunkenness.

Was living in denial about needing a divorce and eventually hit rock bottom when his liver finally started causing serious issues. Had to be brought into the hospital, where they started to gradually take him off. The withdrawals were not pretty as far as I heard. He pretty much turned into a rabid animal and started trying to bite the doctors. He bit several orderlies as they strapped him down to the bed. Later when he recovered, he had no recollection of doing that as it was a black blur to him.

I believe he's been sober for over 4 years now. Got out of his toxic marriage and is working on getting his life in order. His ex was so toxic that he got primary custody of his children in an Indianapolis court.

The unfortunate thing is that some people need to hit rock bottom before any change can be made.

Top Bottom