• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've got a problem with buying guns and ammo... Is this the place to go for help?

Seriously though, good to hear someone handling their business.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Had my last drink (most likely) last October. I miss my bourbon and always will but it triggers my depression and the aftermath just isn't worth it. As good as it makes me feel and in spite of not having a hangover in decades nor it causing any problems in my life other than a little wasted income, I just can't keep putting myself in the dirt with it.

I'm very fortunate to be able to simply put it down and not pick it back up. I'd been putting a couple half gallons away per week for several years before I quit and didn't suffer any ill effects. Did the same with Vicodin after a six month relationship brought about by several injuries and a surgery. Took the last one, threw the bottle away and that was it.

Nicotine on the other hand...... ****shiver****. got me for life I'm afraid.

RobertIN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2024
    West Harrison
    Had my last drink (most likely) last October. I miss my bourbon and always will but it triggers my depression and the aftermath just isn't worth it. As good as it makes me feel and in spite of not having a hangover in decades nor it causing any problems in my life other than a little wasted income, I just can't keep putting myself in the dirt with it.

I'm very fortunate to be able to simply put it down and not pick it back up. I'd been putting a couple half gallons away per week for several years before I quit and didn't suffer any ill effects. Did the same with Vicodin after a six month relationship brought about by several injuries and a surgery. Took the last one, threw the bottle away and that was it.

Nicotine on the other hand...... ****shiver****. got me for life I'm afraid.
    I'm glad you got away from both, opiates took my cousin about a decade ago. Nicotine is a tough one I agree, no real immediate downsides it's just the delivery mechanisms that'll get you.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Trying your best is all you can do, it's hard to let these things go.
    40 years on the same brand. I don't equate my issue with the difficulty level of drugs or alcohol. It's just nicotine.
    My brother in law was what we thought an incurable alcoholic. God bless him, he's been sober over a decade now. Proud of him. Proud of you too

RobertIN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2024
    West Harrison
    40 years on the same brand. I don't equate my issue with the difficulty level of drugs or alcohol. It's just nicotine.
    My brother in law was what we thought an incurable alcoholic. God bless him, he's been sober over a decade now. Proud of him. Proud of you too
    Good for him, I'm thrilled to hear that. A habit is a habit, regardless of what it is they're hard to break.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    Just rolled past a year in August. Started as just a (needed) cooldown, no labels or timelines. Been an adjustment for sure, golf was a hard one, concerts are kinda awkward but I actually remember the songs and have a better experience.

My mental clarity went through the roof, lost 30lbs, deeper relationships with my family. If you are thinking of doing it, do it and don't look back!

Top Bottom