• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Huh? Our steel is very tough and none of it has been pierced. WTF are you talking about???

LOL I wasn't meaning yours getting pierced. I meant that I was thinking of your shoots when the metal targets were suggested and that they weren't that thick. Also that you guys weren't shooting rifle caliber at them.

The target I was talking about that was pierced by .223 was THIS target! Sorry I wasn't more clear! LOL
    RCCShoot027.jpg

RCCShoot029.jpg

Just send anybody from near here in west central Indiana by my shop and I will donate the pieces that were tested. You can have all the fun you want with them.

That's very kind of you!

Anyone up for picking these up? If I didn't have to wait of someone for carpool, I'd be more than happy to go get them. I may still do it if we have to have them....

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Heh, yeah those are too soft. I have some at home that I have made it my life's mission to defeat. So far, I have saboted some SS109s (thats an AP 5.56 round) into a .308 and sent them downrange at 3500+fps with no piercing effect yet...but that's another thread...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Weeeelllllll..... The weather looks like 60 and cloudy until late afternoon/evening. I think we'll be ok without the tarp. It'll still be muddy so we'll need tables/chairs to put gear on. I can bring a small tarp in case the tables don't show.

Also, if anyone can get those steel targets that were offered let me know. Otherwise I guess I could swing out that way if Zephri can show up early enough since I'm giving him a ride. If someone closer can pick em up that would be great as I live near Indy and not Terre Haute....

Again, I have cardboard, one target holder, zipties, a couple steel chairs a ratty tarp or two, and couple concrete blocks.

I hope you all have the fire wood and food covered! LOL

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    well I got another target holder and some targets, and I'll have some firewood and hotdogs. I did find a 12'x12' shelter that I'll get if I can convince the wife.

Last edited:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    well I got the 12'x12' canopy for $80 at MC sports which is a hell of a deal considering a 8'x10' is $200 at dicks. so if it rains were covered.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well, unless someone can pick up the steel targets at Terre Haute, we'll just have to make due with "other means". I can rig anything with some cheap rope as I have zip ties!

That's great about the canopy! I wish I could have gotten it! :D that's kewl though. Hope everyone gets there safe. See you all in the morning!

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Someone wanna PM me the info for this? My wife's bugging me to get off the PC and I dont have time to search the thread. I may come out tomorrow too if I'm invited. :D

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    so I know where the location is but not the exact location.(the big red circle doesn't tell me a lot) please tell me you'll put some sort of sign in front of your drive. oh and savage if you want a canopy they still have 3-4 12'x12' and 6-8 10'x10' canopies available.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Alright, I'm going to come. Someone wanna help me dial in the sights when I get there? I've only put 20 rounds through the thing and I dont have a sight adjust tool. You veteran SKSers gotta help a brother out!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I had one, but its currently in possession by silentwarrior. If it just needs up and down needle nose pliers work.

There will be signs. I gotta make sure to pack tonight or I'll forget something! LOL

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    well savage I don't know where you got your forecast but it's supposed to t-storm with wind all morning into the afternoon, well 50-50 shot actually.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom