• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    10am works for me. I'll curtail my revelry on Friday night. I'm not sure I can stay for 5 or 6 hours. I'll probably have to play that by ear.

If you can trust the weather report from this far out, it looks like 41° with some spotty rain.

38special, I'm pretty sure that, if it's muddy, my car would get stuck. Is there somewhere I can park it and hike in?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hmm. Rain, sounds good to me. If anyone's got an open shelter tent or a REALLY big tarp to put things under so the gear doesn't get soaked that may be a good idea. If it's muddy muddy my van won't make it back but if it not too bad I can get her back there depending on the hills. You wouldn't have a topo map of the place would you? :p

Also, I have a pair of 2way radios, just in case, but I don't have 4 AAA batteries for the other set...

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Exactly! How can we tell people at the 50yrd range that the people at the 100yrd range are shooting better than them? :dunno:

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I have a key to a private range/ conservation club east of Terre Haute - west of Brazil and could open it for an SKS shoot. I was thinking New Years Day. There is a fire pit and places for about four shooters at 120 yds and about 6-8 shooters at 30yds, simultaniously.

Just throwin' that out there.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I'm just glad it'll be warmer next Saturday, and that we'll have some trees nearby to break the wind. I just got back from an outdoor range a few minutes ago, and it was a bit too cold and windy. It's amazing how cold hands transmit pistol recoil so much more. Ouch. Not to mention trying to get that last round loaded when it's like 20°. Luckily, the range has a heated shack.

BTW, I have several large tarps I can bring next weekend. Anyone have some firewood? My wood has all rotted.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have a key to a private range/ conservation club east of Terre Haute - west of Brazil and could open it for an SKS shoot. I was thinking New Years Day. There is a fire pit and places for about four shooters at 120 yds and about 6-8 shooters at 30yds, simultaniously.

Just throwin' that out there.

Is it Riley or the other range I can never remember the name of?

I'm just glad it'll be warmer next Saturday, and that we'll have some trees nearby to break the wind. I just got back from an outdoor range a few minutes ago, and it was a bit too cold and windy. It's amazing how cold hands transmit pistol recoil so much more. Ouch. Not to mention trying to get that last round loaded when it's like 20°. Luckily, the range has a heated shack.

BTW, I have several large tarps I can bring next weekend. Anyone have some firewood? My wood has all rotted.

I was down at Atterbury a couple weeks back. It was like 30° out. For being so cold I thought I would be all over the target. Nope, did pretty good. Hell I think my SKS performs better in the cold! Not sure about my Baby Eagle though... It's ok, I need the practice.

No firewood here either. If there are any pine trees down there we can gather pinecones up to use as kindling if we have to use wet wood. Pinecones burn MUCH hotter and will dry out wet wood fast and allow it to burn. Just another thought unless someone can get some wood. Besides, I'd hate to see someone buy a bundle from Kroger or something just for this since we'll be in the woods...

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    I'm always up for shooting in free time. I don't live in bloomington...I live in Indy, but the property is in north bloomington off 37. Right behind Parker Pools.

Yup. We have a fire pit so that's not a problem!

The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. Like I said, the 100yd "range" area isn't huge, as it's really a roadway/path in the middle of the woods (all private...not some public roadway!) so we won't have a lot of shooters at once, unless some folks want to shoot on a shorter range. There are a few spots where we could get a 25-50yd range set up as well while keeping it all safe.

Saturday Dec 27 is fine with me. What time we thinkin?

You going to PM out directions?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What's closer? Bloomington or Lost Creek? Which ever you guys want is fine with me I was just wondering.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    You going to PM out directions?

Easiest would be this:

8300 N State Road 37http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
    Bloomington, IN 47404

That's the address to parker pools. From There, I can put up signs directing folks...it's roughly 1/3 mile from parker pools on 37.

SirRealism said:
    38special, I'm pretty sure that, if it's muddy, my car would get stuck. Is there somewhere I can park it and hike in?

There is a gravel road that leads right to my property and you could park at the end of the path at the property by the road. Otherwise, there's a church at the top of the hill and someone could always pick you up there.

This is the general area it encompasses:

generalproperty.jpg

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Closer is relative to your own starting point. I can host on either date. My thought is rather than step on toes by having a shoot at the same time and potentially removing people from 38spl and his outing, to make another day and place available for those who can't make the one in Bloomingtucky.
    Lost Creek conservation club is here:
    Lat: 39.491997 Lon: 87.267417

Or if you don't happen to have a GPS you can probably plug that set of coordinates in yahoo or google maps and find your way there.

If there is some interest in the next few days I will start a seperate thread for the New Years' day shoot.

All those interested "shoot" me a PM and we will gauge interest.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    PM inbound! :D Very nice tract of land!

Easiest would be this:

8300 N State Road 37
    Bloomington, IN 47404

That's the address to parker pools. From There, I can put up signs directing folks...it's roughly 1/3 mile from parker pools on 37.

There is a gravel road that leads right to my property and you could park at the end of the path at the property by the road. Otherwise, there's a church at the top of the hill and someone could always pick you up there.

This is the general area it encompasses:

generalproperty.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Closer is relative to your own starting point. I can host on either date. My thought is rather than step on toes by having a shoot at the same time and potentially removing people from 38spl and his outing, to make another day and place available for those who can't make the one in Bloomingtucky.
    Lost Creek conservation club is here:
    Lat: 39.491997 Lon: 87.267417

Or if you don't happen to have a GPS you can probably plug that set of coordinates in yahoo or google maps and find your way there.

If there is some interest in the next few days I will start a seperate thread for the New Years' day shoot.

All those interested "shoot" me a PM and we will gauge interest.

I would love to attend both shoots but I had to twist an arm to go to this one. Apparently I don't spend enough time at home with the family... :scratch: Too bad I'm home EVERYDAY... Most All Day! :wallbash: So we comprimised. I go, she gets to :ranton: at me for a couple days. Or I should say she has an ACTUAL excuse to do so anyway! :D Aren't women such blessings....?

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    so do have to have an sks to come? because I don't have one but wouldn't mind hanging out.(I can bring firewood!)

I can't speak for the guys going to the Btown shoot but I have two SKS's and I don't mind sharing. The purpose of these get-togethers is really two fold.
    1) to hang out and fellowship with like-minded people.
    2) To teach those who are willing and eager to learn.
    3) To infect others with the dreaded B.R.D. :rockwoot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    so do have to have an sks to come? because I don't have one but wouldn't mind hanging out.(I can bring firewood!)

So grab thy firewood and join us on our epic journey! Bring a rifle if you like or take comfort behind the buttstock of pure chinese/yugo/russian exctasy! :D

And don't forget some food! Speaking of food, I won't be able to bring any meat. I thought we had more than we did but we had a nice dinner tonight so I'm sorry. I may be able to scrounge up some drink though! :n00b:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom