• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Perhaps at homecoming I shall regale the group with the story of how I fared on "bid Monday" when I was a mere Freshman back in 1983.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How much would such attendance cost an attendee? If nominal, for a real person, not nominal for someone with the scratch to go to RHIT, I would like to attend if for no other reason that it's in my own back yard, and GHUNS!

Cathy, MSCS, 2004 (from IUB)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    How much would such attendance cost an attendee? If nominal, for a real person, not nominal for someone with the scratch to go to RHIT, I would like to attend if for no other reason that it's in my own back yard, and GHUNS!

Cathy, MSCS, 2004 (from IUB)

First, we'd be honored to have you join us. The math and physics discussions may be unlike most other INGO gatherings with you in attendance!

To join us for our party at the game: nothing other than your presence and if you want to bring stuff to eat and drink!

To join us for dinner at the soon to be determined location: I expect all to order for the menu and pay accordingly (won't be going anywhere super expensive because I can't afford it).

If we shoot at Don Brannan's place, I don't know. I think he has a one day pass for a small fee that we'd each be expected to pay, but I'll let someone who is a member there and who will be among us arrange something if the desire exists.

Don't forget . . . some of us geezers went to RHIT when normal people could still afford it!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    RHIT does charge admission to the football game itself (unless you're in the band or chorus or something - which is why I still join in with the alumni chorus to sing the national anthem).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    RHIT does charge admission to the football game itself (unless you're in the band or chorus or something - which is why I still join in with the alumni chorus to sing the national anthem).

I never go into the game itself, just loiter outside of the stadium proper. I never know any of the people in the bleachers!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

If you get there soon enough and just stroll right in like you own the place the students collecting admission don't even bat an eye... I never watch the game either, I just go for the tail-gating and if I happen to notice what's going on with the game it's a bonus...

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    First, we'd be honored to have you join us. The math and physics discussions may be unlike most other INGO gatherings with you in attendance!

To join us for our party at the game: nothing other than your presence and if you want to bring stuff to eat and drink!

To join us for dinner at the soon to be determined location: I expect all to order for the menu and pay accordingly (won't be going anywhere super expensive because I can't afford it).

If we shoot at Don Brannan's place, I don't know. I think he has a one day pass for a small fee that we'd each be expected to pay, but I'll let someone who is a member there and who will be among us arrange something if the desire exists.

Don't forget . . . some of us geezers went to RHIT when normal people could still afford it!
    I think he does do a one-day pass to his range but he is also fairly lenient on guests attending a single time with a registered member and/or one-time class-attendance types of things.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Just bumping for interest. I'll be flying back in to Indy from Boston at about 5PM Friday night, and then heading almost straight out to Terre Haute. My time will probably be evenly split between campus and the Pike house. Did we ever set a time for a get-together?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Just bumping for interest. I'll be flying back in to Indy from Boston at about 5PM Friday night, and then heading almost straight out to Terre Haute. My time will probably be evenly split between campus and the Pike house. Did we ever set a time for a get-together?

No, we did not!

And worse yet, I am committed to teaching a class on 19 SEP 2015 at RileyCC. I failed to account for this previously scheduled engagement when suggesting our gathering. The class is scheduled from 10:00 - 14:00, so I could conceivably be on campus by 15:00. Won't the game be well underway by then?

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    Rhino, I was just on here updating information about and INGO DAY event on the 13th. I saw your post. If you want to set up something on ProTEQ for the weekend, I'm open to the concept. I had a cancellation of an event on the 20th, so that day is NOW OPEN. For a RH-Homecoming event I'm willing to be very generous concerning the fee. I certainly will need ONE current ProTEQ Patron Member to oversee and sponsor the guests. The September calendar is posted on my website and shows the current planned events. I have a Cowboy Shoot on the 19th so I'm doubtful any arrangement can fit into that Saturday. Friday afternoon / early evening would also be an option. Email me if your interested. I'll be unavailable due to work in a couple days, so contact me ASAP or have another contact me VERY SOON please.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Rhino, I was just on here updating information about and INGO DAY event on the 13th. I saw your post. If you want to set up something on ProTEQ for the weekend, I'm open to the concept. I had a cancellation of an event on the 20th, so that day is NOW OPEN. For a RH-Homecoming event I'm willing to be very generous concerning the fee. I certainly will need ONE current ProTEQ Patron Member to oversee and sponsor the guests. The September calendar is posted on my website and shows the current planned events. I have a Cowboy Shoot on the 19th so I'm doubtful any arrangement can fit into that Saturday. Friday afternoon / early evening would also be an option. Email me if your interested. I'll be unavailable due to work in a couple days, so contact me ASAP or have another contact me VERY SOON please.

Hi, Don! Good to see you and thank you for the most generous offer!

Top Bottom