• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • myloudfamily

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Its a frustrating yet effective rule which I have no problem with. I am happy to have found this site and spread the word to my many second amendment supporters including but not limited to LTCH, FFL and hunting friends. Thanks to all who keep the site what it is.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I think it is a good rule that helps protect the INGO community from scammers. It does not take long, to jump in and post comments to the discussions here. Don't be afraid of the grammar Nazi's. Be a free spirit like ATM.

Rob54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Merrillville, Indiana
    I think they've been surprisingly good-natured. Must have been Evan's admonition; we're all on our best behavior? Well, you guys. I never behave.

In that vein, does anyone else think it's just a little weird to complain about a 50 post min 8 months into registration/membership. That's 6 posts a month plus 2. Less than 2 posts per week. How hard can that really be? Hell, the Women's Forum is guaranteed for at least 2 or 3 based on the number of people with sub-50 posts who comment in there. Surely OP has a story about a female that loves (hates) to shoot. Or a significant other that needs advice on which gun to carry in the purse even though he doesn't want her to purse carry.

:D

Welcome to INGO, OP. :welcome:
    Maybe some people only speak when they feel they have something worth saying? Other people do not have access to a computer all day long. Myself, I speak up when I have the time and feel the need. Currently I am recovering from extensive back surgery and have found more time to spend on this forum and others that I belong to. Please try not to be so quick to judge.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Maybe some people only speak when they feel they have something worth saying? Other people do not have access to a computer all day long. Myself, I speak up when I have the time and feel the need. Currently I am recovering from extensive back surgery and have found more time to spend on this forum and others that I belong to. Please try not to be so quick to judge.

Well don't blame INGO for a rule that you can't comply with because you don't think you've got anything important enough to say.

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Plenty of forums don't allow you to use the search engine unless you are a member. Some forums I belong to don't allow you to view ANY threads at all unless you are a member.

The rules here are clearly posted. Complaining about it 50 times will probably not get anyone the privleges they are seeking.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Welcome to INGO. I see I'm late, AGAIN. (Didn't think I had this much to say when I joined, apparently I've gotten quite chatty).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I use this forum because of the way it is set up and monitored. The rules are in place so this does not become a craigs list/hit and run sight.
    Until recently I had zero issues with the classifieds. Even in a tightly monitored community like this you will have those driven by profit.
    There have been a lot of new folks on board lately and this question has come up a lot. The 50 post rule gives everyone a chance to see who you are.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Sorry to hear about your back.

Quick to judge? Welcome to INGO, but with 25k+ members, you can't get away from judgement.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I realize that some people take advantage of sites like this to buy and sell. I generally like to see what is being sold and feel like I am wasting my time if I see something that is interesting knowing that I cannot buy or even correspond with the seller. That said, rules are rules and I will avoid perusing the classifieds to I qualify to buy. Thanks for all of you responses.
    I feel the same way about not being able to buy but my reasons are different, I dont have the money.

Welcome to the forums. 50 quality posts wont take long.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I just want that tin of butter cookies y'all were talking about. Those are my favorite. Too bad I didn't know about that promotion. :D

I'm still waiting for mine....... I sent a PM to Fenway but as of yet I have not heard back.
    :dunno:

Quick to judge? Welcome to INGO, but with 25k+ members, you can't get away from judgement.

I'm not sure I like the tone of this post.

Last edited:

thatguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Well don't blame INGO for a rule that you can't comply with because you don't think you've got anything important enough to say.

Personally, I blame my wife... according to her I never have anything important to say.. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom