• As of today how would you vote?

• Total voters

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I'm going to hold my nose and vote for McCain.

Unfortunately, McCain is the only choice for gun owners. I do not want to cast my vote for John "Ted Kennedy" McCain but I'm NOT foolish enough to waste my vote on a 3rd party candidate that will insure an Obama victory. I'm also developing a strong political dislike for yuppies ;)

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Unfortunately, McCain is the only choice for gun owners. I do not want to cast my vote for John "Ted Kennedy" McCain but I'm NOT foolish enough to waste my vote on a 3rd party candidate that will insure an Obama victory. I'm also developing a strong political dislike for yuppies ;)

:+1: As usual, 4Sarge has put things into perspective!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    :cheers:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'm still torn....

Vote for a third party which will likely allow Obama to win, however we have to remember Jimmy Carter, gave is Ronald Reagan.

OR

Vote a liberal dressed up as a republican, and send the message "We'll vote for whatever F*ck Tard the republican party puts up as their candidate.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Well put, Lars and Sarge. The major problem is that this is not the 1970s, and whoever we put into office by voting against Obama (I think it's fair to say everyone here will vote against Obama) is going to put 16 million new voters in the system, with greater than 90% of them voting donkey. I don't know that we'll have a chance for another Reagan, because I don't know that our country will survive an onslaught like that. McCain doesn't have the stones to repel them and Obama would open the doors and invite them in. I think no matter how this goes, either JFK will be proven correct or we'll face a Civil War.

I've said since Ron Paul dropped out of the race that I'd hold my nose and pull McCain's lever, but I want to stress that that's not in any way to be taken as voting "for" him. That would be a vote against Obama, cast to the only candidate who can beat him. The only thing that might make this an actual pro-GOP vote would be if McCain's VP is a strong conservative who will make good choices if he dies in office.
    Disclaimer: As I've said repeatedly, I do not wish for, nor am I planning Mr. McCain's demise. I'm only recognizing the possibility due to his age. Secret Service, please do not break down my door.

Blessings,
    B

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Disclaimer: As I've said repeatedly, I do not wish for, nor am I planning Mr. McCain's demise. I'm only recognizing the possibility due to his age. Secret Service, please do not break down my door.

Blessings,
    B

Not to worry B.... they always get the address wrong and might visit your neighbors.:lmfao:

Its not just the new voters that bother me. Its the Supreme Court nominations that worry me most. We won Heller by 1 yep just 1 vote.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I voted for third party, because I can't bear to put down either of the others yet. I hate our two party, vote for lesser of two evils system. I fear nothing will change ever again, unless we get rid of it or have another civil war. I'll probably force myself to swallow the McCain pill, as bitter as it might be.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think the real question is whether you intend to vote to best maintain our gun rights or not? There is only one candidate you can pick for this.

Ya'll can whine and fuss about McCain all you want, he's not my choice for the nomination either. However, truth be told, in today's political climate, his middle of the road leanings may be the only thing that keeps him in contention for the presidency.

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    However, truth be told, in today's political climate, his middle of the road leanings may be the only thing that keeps him in contention for the presidency.
    I think the problem is the exact opposite. The reason most Republicans and Conservatives hate McCain is because of his middle of the road leanings. He is actually losing support by trying to appeal to Democrats because in the end, they already have their candidate, Barack Obama. Democrats don't want McCain because he's in their mind just a continuation of Bush and Conservatives don't like McCain because he's to liberal on several issues. If McCain would just be a real conservative, he would have huge support. Notice how everybody on this board always says something to the effect of: "Well I don't like McCain, but I can't imagine allowing Obama to get elected". If McCain would stick to conservatism you wouldn't be hearing that from anyone.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I've always secretly thought my parents were foolish because they vote Pro-Life as the only consideration. We could have a Nam dodgin', dope smokin', philanderer, with 666 carved on his forehead and if he was against abortion my parents would vote for him.

I'm becoming the same way about Pro-Gun... ??

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    He is actually losing support by trying to appeal to Democrats because in the end, they already have their candidate, Barack Obama.

I disagree. Obama will have overwhelming support of Blacks and college students. The rest of the Dems are not so sold on a waffling, maybe militant, uber liberal that would ban firearms. A lot of Dems would never vote for Obama. McCain is an alternative that could give them a reason to vote as opposed to staying home.

More important is the original question/statement to those of us with a similar passion for our rights;

I think the real question is whether you intend to vote to best maintain our gun rights or not? There is only one candidate you can pick for this.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I am planning to vote McCain. Third party at this time is not an option. I too hate the two party system and would support it being abolished and we vote on issues and vision for the country instead. Do away with political parties and give liberty a shot in the arm.

Obama has to be smart enough to not name Hillary VP. If he does that he does not live another year. She still wants to sit in the big chair bad.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    A lot of Dems would never vote for Obama. McCain is an alternative that could give them a reason to vote as opposed to staying home.

Exactly. 2 of my Aunts, my dad and grandma are all very liberal people. Not a single one of them has ever voted for a Republican president. They are all Maryland residents. They will all be voting for John McCain this November.

To quote my dad: "He has no experience, and to be honest, he scares the sh!t out of me."

'Nuff said

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Obama has many things in common with Jimmy Carter. Except honesty. And Jimmy did not work out very well in DC.

Top Bottom