esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Great pictures Pami!

Here is my favorite:

It looks like a very small version of my Mom is standing at the end of the barrel. . .
    15884cl.jpg

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    This image wins the grand prize!!! (whatever that is) :): We need shirts made with that on it!!!

Great pictures Pami!

Here is my favorite:

It looks like a very small version of my Mom is standing at the end of the barrel. . .
    15884cl.jpg
    :lmfao: I hadn't looked at it that way, but you're absolutely right. If the DoF had been a bit better to make her in focus, it probably would have looked just like a cardboard cutout standing on the front sight. :):

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Looks like a good time! I might have to ditch work for the next one.

Or host one at EC on Range 2....:thumbsup:

I like that Serbu, and I haven't even shot it :):

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008

heres bigcraig turning on the after-burner

look at that stud!

Fenway w/ Glock 17, shhh! i dont hear anything...

more flammage and fun - "fire and water"

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Awesome day, awesome place (lovemywoods), shooting priceless!!!

Mike,
    Good to meet you yesterday. Great to see you're on the forum.

BTW - lookin' at your handle, I'll point out we have "The Great Outdoors" section that could always use a little more posting action. Your input appreciated.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Didn't need to, there was 3 .22lr cans there and one of which is full auto rated.

But to answer your question in general, even though a .223 suppressor has more volume it does not suppress .22lr any better than a purpose built .22lr can. BTDT
    I am not concerned if it will suppress better than a purpose built .22lr can, I am interested in whether a .223 can will also suppress .22lr. If I can use it with both, then that will save me another $200 stamp.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I am not concerned if it will suppress better than a purpose built .22lr can, I am interested in whether a .223 can will also suppress .22lr. If I can use it with both, then that will save me another $200 stamp.

It will suppress a .22lr about like a glass of water will cool down a bonfire, you'll make some progress but you aint gonna put the fire out. You WILL be severely disappointed in it's effectiveness. The .223 cans are prohibitively heavy for pretty much any .22lr pistol, and most rifles. The weight and size make them un-friendly to shoot. Like I said, it will quiet the rounds down some but you'd be better served with a 22lr only can. There's nothing 'cheap' in the NFA world. What will happen if you buy a .223 can and try to use it on your AR and your .22 is you will kick yourself in the arse repeatedly for not buying the .22lr can, then you'll have to get one of those thus spending another $500 because you tried to save $200. Trust us, we've been there...

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    It will suppress a .22lr about like a glass of water will cool down a bonfire, you'll make some progress but you aint gonna put the fire out. You WILL be severely disappointed in it's effectiveness. The .223 cans are prohibitively heavy for pretty much any .22lr pistol, and most rifles. The weight and size make them un-friendly to shoot. Like I said, it will quiet the rounds down some but you'd be better served with a 22lr only can. There's nothing 'cheap' in the NFA world. What will happen if you buy a .223 can and try to use it on your AR and your .22 is you will kick yourself in the arse repeatedly for not buying the .22lr can, then you'll have to get one of those thus spending another $500 because you tried to save $200. Trust us, we've been there...
    This is the type of answer I was looking for. Thank You.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom