• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pyzik

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    SE MI
    Hey everyone, (current) VP of Michigan Gun Owners. I go by Pyzik on MGO as well.

Several times a year we have "Fun Shoots" and picnics where members get together to shoot and eat at an affiliate club. Typically the club is generous enough to reduce fees and MGO picks up the range time. Many times MGO can provide dogs, brats and pop if someone is willing to grill. Many members bring a dish to pass.

I've been thinking for a while now that it would be cool to have a "Fun Shoot" somewhere near the IN/MI border and have both of our groups out.

I am not sure about clubs along the border on your side. We have a new affiliate club (Edwardsburg Conservation Club) that isn't far north of the border that I could reach out to.

Does this sound like something that would be interesting/fun?
    I've got the other board members from MGO on board so far, just gotta make sure our members and YOU GUYS would like this.

Please feel free to post ideas, comments and/or concerns. I've got a similar thread going on our forum and will do my best to keep up.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    The NW INGO group does monthly summer shoots in Winimac, IN. Its a public DNR range and they allow us to set up shop with grills, tables, etc. Sounds pretty similar to what you guys do up there. I would agree something on the boarder would be a lot of fun, and I bet it would draw some of the central IN guys up as well. Jedi would be the one to get with from the NW group, as he is the un-official event coordinator up here.

If you look in the events section you will see lots of planning threads as well as an AAR from each event.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I was born in Indiana. Raised in Michigan then moved back to Indiana. This sounds like a fun event. I'd be interested. I have never been to the Edwardsburg range. You might also check with the Niles Toward Township range. They have range out to 200 yards.

I'll be following.

Top Bottom